Data Class not being properly stored

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

manuel.gomez
Premium Member
Premium Member

Data Class not being properly stored

Post by manuel.gomez »

Hello all,

I am having strange problem when reviewing results from Column Analysis, regarding Data Class

When I do change the inferred data class type (for example, from Text to Code) and save and mark as reviewed, when I close the table definition, and get back into it, a different data class (depending on my choice) has been saved.

Indicator --> Code
Unknown --> Identifier
Quantity --> Indicator
Identifier --> LargeObject
LargeObject --> Quantity
Code --> Text
Text --> Unknown

Date is the only one that remains the same, so it is working correctly

I did quite a few tests, on many fields and tables, and these "conversions" happened alwayis with the same transformation

Can anybody explain this such a X file?

Thanks a lot!!!
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What is your exact version number?

You may have encountered a bug that is fixed in a later release or for which a patch exists. Have you asked your official support provider?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
manuel.gomez
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by manuel.gomez »

ray.wurlod wrote:What is your exact version number?

You may have encountered a bug that is fixed in a later release or for which a patch exists. Have you asked your official support provider?
My version is 8.1

I did not raise a support ticket yet, just in case was something easy to fix (it did not seem either)

But I cant think on any difference in my installation (running in Windows 2003) with many others so that I am the first one to face this issue