Error using Data Connection in IA

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

mkiru23
Premium Member
Premium Member

Error using Data Connection in IA

Post by mkiru23 »

Hi
Please see this error message while creating data source for IA, I tested this DSN to connect to Orale using ODBC from ALALYZERPROJECT which is working fine. I checked the 2 services are running LoggingAgentSocketImpl and AgentImpl.

ODBC function {0} reported: SQLSTATE = IM003: Native Error Code = 0: Msg = [DataDirect][ODBC lib] Specified driver could not be loaded

Thanks
Kumar
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Check the name of the driver, check that it is in your shared library search list. Search DSXchange for "specified driver could not be loaded".
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mkiru23
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mkiru23 »

Thanks Ray, I searched the forum I didn't see any thing similar.

The dsenv has

LIBPATH=`dirname $DSHOME`/branded_odbc/lib:`dirname $DSHOME`/DSComponents/lib:`dirname $DSHOME`/DSComponents/bin:$DSHOME/lib:$DSHOME/uvdlls:$ASBHOME/apps/jre/bin:$ASBHOM
E/apps/jre/bin/classic:$ASBHOME/lib/cpp:$ASBHOME/apps/proxy/cpp/aix-all-ppc_64:$APT_ORCHHOME/lib:$LIBPATH
export LIBPATH

In odbc.ini
[TESTIADBOracle]
Driver=/opt/IBM/InformationServer81/Server/branded_odbc/lib/VMor823.so

This driver exists and I can successfully connect DSN through ODBC from ALALYZERPROJECT project in DataStage Designer .

-Kumar
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Try use the driver VMora22.so.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Make sure also that Oracle 32-bit libraries appear (before Oracle 64-bit libraries if these are also needed) in your shared library search path for DataStage processes.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mkiru23
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mkiru23 »

Hi
VMora22.so file is not available in /branded_odbc/lib folder. VMor823.so is shown in demo/ example for oracle.

About the 32 bit / 64-bit change can any one give me more insight.

Thanks
Kumar
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Are these thin/wired drivers that you are using? I don't see any mention of the Oracle environment variables in your dsenv LIBPATH that the thick/client-based drivers would need, hence the question.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
mkiru23
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mkiru23 »

Thanks Craig,

#ORACLE
ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/OraHome_1; export ORACLE_HOME
PATH=$PATH:$APT_ORCHHOME/bin:$ORACLE_HOME/bin; export PATH
ORACLE_SID=CLFY; export ORACLE_SID

LIBPATH=$LIBPATH:$INSTHOME/sqllib/lib:$ORACLE_HOME/lib:$DB2DIR/lib64; export LIBPATH

We have multiple oracle databases other than mentioned ORACLE_SID=CLFY, the connection I' testing is different oracle DB, do we need to a add all the databases in this dsenv. I can load and extract to Oracle in DataStage job.

About the ODBC in dsenv

if [ -z "$DSHOME" ]
then
DSHOME=/opt/IBM/InformationServer81/Server/DSEngine; export DSHOME
fi

if [ -n "$DSHOME" ] && [ -d "$DSHOME" ]
then
ODBCINI=$DSHOME/.odbc.ini; export ODBCINI
HOME=${HOME:-/}; export HOME

Thanks
Kumar
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Check inside your $ORACLE_HOME directory, if your version supports both 64 and 32bit libraries, two directories will be there with the default of "lib" being 64bit, especially if there is a "lib32" directory. If so, change "lib" to "lib32" in your LIBPATH statement and see if that helps.

And there's no reason to set ORACLE_SID at all here, that is all controlled in the stage properties.
-craig

mkiru23
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mkiru23 »

Craig,
Our installation is 64 bit, IBM setup those settings as 64 bit for Oracle too.

Thanks
Kiran
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Which installation, exactly - are you saying your version of DataStage is 64bit? What O/S? It doesn't matter if Oracle or your O/S is 64bit, if DataStage is 32bit you'll need to use the 32bit Oracle drivers with it.
-craig

mkiru23
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mkiru23 »

Craig,

Our DataStage is 64 bit installation on AIX. Do you see still see we need to use 32 bit oracle.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There is NO SUCH THING (yet) as a 64-bit installation of DataStage on AIX. DataStage on AIX is a 32-bit application and therefore needs to use 32-bit libraries.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

64-bit ports of DataStage are few and far between. Off the top of my head, the only one I recall (having personally used it) was for Compaq Tru64 way back in the day as they had no 32-bit anything on them.
-craig

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

HP Itanium ?