Connection refused to port 50000

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

vmcburney
Participant

Connection refused to port 50000

Post by vmcburney »

Trying to run an Information Analyzer column analysis for the first time and getting the following message in the log after it fails (I masked the domain name for security reasons):
AuthoringServiceBridge.java:257 executeBaseProfile: Exception in process: An error occurred while accessing the ScratchSpace [IBM][Oracle JDBC Driver]Error establishing socket to host and port: ######.###.###.###.##:50000. Reason: Connection refused
Funny thing is I don't know why it's using port 50000 - that is a port usually used by a DB2 repository and we do not have any DB2 on our system. The Information Server repository is Oracle and it is on the default 1521 port. Anyone know why Information Analyzer running with an Oracle repository would be trying to access port 50000?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That is indeed a curious error message, particularly since it is being emitted by the IBM Oracle JDBC driver. Perhaps this uses port #50000 internally (but only IBM could verify this for sure). I assume that your firewall does not pass this port number.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Found the config page. There is a tab under "Analysis Settings" called "Analysis Database" and the install had left the port number as 50000. I switched the port and validated the client setting and it worked. Also noticed on this page that the IADB DSN is missing! It should have been set up by the install. Does anyone know what the .odbc.ini section should look like for IADB against an Oracle repository?