How to create a new Information analyzer project

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

kandyshandy
Participant

How to create a new Information analyzer project

Post by kandyshandy »

When we installed Information analyzer, the default project ANALYZERPROJECT was created automatically. After we upgraded from 8.0.1 to 8.1, we faced certain warning messages while logging onto Administrator and director. So we deleted existing datastage projects and recreated new ones, imported jobs from 8.0.1 version, compiled and everything worked fine in director. But we did not delete and recreate ANALYZERPROJECT until now. Whenever we logon to administrator, we still get a warning message related to ANALYZERPROJECT. We just want to delete the project and recreate a new one. I see this project in administrator window but not under PROJECTS directory. Can anyone please tell me where the Analyzer projects are stored and how can we drop and create new ones?

Thanks.
Kandy

Post by ray.wurlod »

WHAT warning message? Use copy/paste so that we see the exact message.

ANALYZERPROJECT is the reserved name for the DataStage project used by Information Analyzer.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kandyshandy
Participant

Post by kandyshandy »

Error calling subroutine: *DataStage*DSR_PROJECT (Action=47); check DataStage is set up correctly in project ANALYZERPROJECT
(Subroutine failed to complete successfully (30107))

While upgrading from 8.0.1 to 8.1, something happened for ANALYZERPROJECT. Any idea Ray?

The same warning message came for other Datastage projects too. But we deleted those projects and recreated new ones.

Before we delete ANALYZERPROJECT from Datastage administrator, we would like to know how to recreate ANALYZERPROJECT
Kandy

Post by ray.wurlod »

None without extra information. For example, during the upgrade were there any messages about indexes? It may be relevant to reindex the project using DS.REINDEX. (This is only an example, you might also like to run DS.CHECKER to verify that the local repository is intact.)

One good piece of news; this message does not come from the unified repository (XMETA) or any other part of Information Server, so there's nothing you need to check there yet.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.