IA Connect to SQLServer

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

sjfearnside
Premium Member
Premium Member

IA Connect to SQLServer

Post by sjfearnside »

I am unable to connect to a SQLServer data source in Information Analyzer. I have filled out the connection string, completed the ODBC.ini and the uvodbc.config file. The odbc.ini file is in the DSEngine direcotry and the uvodbc.config file is located in the ANALYZERPROJECT directory. I have successfully added DB2/UDB data sources and added flat files. When I try to connect to a SQLServer data source, I receive the 'test connection failed' message. Is there a better reference to get a more detailed error message? I have already engaged our SQLServer DBA but they did not know why it did not connect. I am able to create an odbc connection thru my PC using the ODBC Administrator tool but not from the Linux server. Any know problems other than that which occur between the keyboard and the chair? MY IADB is DB2/UDB V9.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Find the branded_odbc directory under your DataStage engine directory and look for the ODBD test tool. It helps if you can test the ODBC connection from outside of DataStage as it makes it easier for a DBA to debug. You should be able to test a connection from the command line and maybe get a better error message. You could also try connecting via the DataStage Designer Table Import - ODBC plugin to see if that gives you a better error message.
sjfearnside
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sjfearnside »

I finally got the connection established to the SQL server DB. It appears that after reviewing my odbc files there were some problems with the odbc setup.

Thanks for the assistance.
asharma
Participant

Post by asharma »

On Windows 2003 envoirnment which is the recommended Driver:
SQL Server or IBM SQL server wire protocol. We are having issues using trusted connections. It seems its forcing it to use trusted connections only.