Maintaining IADB

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

U
Participant

Maintaining IADB

Post by U »

I have searched for an answer to this without success.

Is there any mechanism within the Information Analyzer tool to remove entries no longer needed from IADB?

Right now it seems to me that the only way is to do this in the database itself, which involves understanding the table naming standards therein.

Thank you for your time.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

I think you will have more functionality in version 8.5 - I believe there are functions for deleting metadata in the newer versions. Do not know if that includes IADB metadata or just Metadata Server metadata but I figure if you delete metadata via Workbench it would need to clean out the IADB related metadata as well.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I've had a bit of a look around in 8.1 and can't find any IADB management capabilities in the Information Analyzer tool. Next week I hope to be on an 8.5 site, and can check there.

The Repository Management tab in Web Console for Information Server only works with XMETA, though it does have the useful ability to identify duplicates of repository objects.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Brett
Participant

Post by Brett »

Would you be thinking of the table management functions under the investigate category for the IA tool ?.
Brett
Participant

Post by Brett »

Would you be thinking of the table management functions under the investigate category for the IA tool ?.
bkamila
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bkamila »

You are right Brett, the table management function in IA has open, delete and view metadata functions.