Execute Column Analysis in IA

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

stevenzhangshen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Execute Column Analysis in IA

Post by stevenzhangshen »

Hi.

Very new in IA area. Got error when first do column analysis, the error message is like below:
Error to executing job: Baseprofile_xxxx
I have checked all proper directory privilege is set to my log-on id. And I try to run IA jobs from DS Director, but the job can not run even once, and the status always show compiled, no detail log.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Are you logging locally or to the common metadata repository? What are the values of ORLogging and RTLogging in the DSParams file in your analyzer project?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
stevenzhangshen
Premium Member
Premium Member

RTLogging=1
ORLogging=0
stevenzhangshen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Does anybody can help me on this issue
stevenzhangshen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Execute Column Analysis in IA

stevenzhangshen wrote:Hi.

Very new in IA area. Got error when first do column analysis, the error message is like below:
Error to executing job: Baseprofile_xxxx
I have checked all proper directory privilege is set to my log-on id. And I try to run IA jobs from DS Director, but the job can not run even once, and the status always show compiled, no detail log.

Did anyone meet the same error?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

When you run the job from IA, what events get logged in the log visible from Director?
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
stevenzhangshen
Premium Member
Premium Member

ray.wurlod wrote:When you run the job from IA, what events get logged in the log visible from Director? ...
no log in Director
stevenzhangshen
Premium Member
Premium Member

stevenzhangshen wrote:
ray.wurlod wrote:When you run the job from IA, what events get logged in the log visible from Director? ...
no log in Director

Hi, anyone has the same error?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Using the web console for Information Server, can you view the log for the DataStage project (presumably ANALYZERPROJECT)?
stevenzhangshen
Premium Member
Premium Member

ray.wurlod wrote:Using the web console for Information Server, can you view the log for the DataStage project (presumably ANALYZERPROJECT)? ...
yes, Ray. I am not sure if I go to the correct log window in web console. But the only log I can see is like below:
Start Date: 1/16/2011
Start Time: 12:24:14 AM
End Date: 1/16/2011
End Time: 12:25:14 AM
Error Message: Error executing DS job: Failed to start job "Baseprofile_ColumnAnalysisTask08655380"
stevenzhangshen
Premium Member
Premium Member

stevenzhangshen wrote:
ray.wurlod wrote:Using the web console for Information Server, can you view the log for the DataStage project (presumably ANALYZERPROJECT)? ...
yes, Ray. I am not sure if I go to the correct log window in web console. But the only log I can see is like below:
Start Date: 1/16/2011
Start Time: 12:24:14 AM
End Date: 1/16/2011
End Time: 12:25:14 AM
Error Message: Error executing DS job: Failed to start job "Baseprofile_ColumnAnalysisTask08655380"
hi, Ray, do you have any idea of that?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If I had I would have posted something.

A couple of clients ago there were some inexplicable "Failed to start job" messages - I believe they ended up getting a patch.

Since I'm no longer there I can't advise the patch number, but you could search on Fix Central.
stevenzhangshen
Premium Member
Premium Member

ray.wurlod wrote:If I had I would have posted something.

A couple of clients ago there were some inexplicable "Failed to start job" messages - I believe they ended up getting a patch.

Since I'm no longer there I ...
Thanks for reply, Ray. Could I know the patch information anyway?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

As noted, I am no longer at that site. Further, I was not directly involved, therefore have no details even in my memory.