Regarding Information Analyzer jobs on Multiple nodes

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

arvind_ds
Participant

Regarding Information Analyzer jobs on Multiple nodes

Post by arvind_ds »

Hi Experts,

I have a small question regarding Information Analyzer 8.1.

Is it possible to run IA jobs(column analysis, primary key analysis, foreign key analysis etc...) across multiple engines.?

For example, I have the below setup.

(1) Client tier : Computer A
(2) Services tier along with colocated engine tier: Computer B
(3) Separate Engine tier : Computer C

Is it possible to run IA jobs across Computer B and Computer C to take advantage of aditional engine capabilities which is on Coputer C in this case.?

OR

IA job can be executed through one engine at a time only.?

Please share your thoughts on this.
Arvind
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

IA jobs run as parallel jobs. Therefore the answer is "yes". Even better, apart from providing a valid configuration file, you don't have to do anything to take advantage of this functionality.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
arvind_ds
Participant

Post by arvind_ds »

Thanks for your quick response Ray. Do I need to register the aditional node by using Information Analyzer --> Configuration --> Analysis Settings --> Validate engine connection options for all the nodes and then update default.apt configuration file with all nodes.

Actually I tried to do this and while validating separate engine connection, i got the below error.

Analysis Connector:Error
Invalid settings:
Error executing DS jon:
Arvind
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No, simply mention a second node in the DataStage configuration file (e.g. default.apt) on the analysis engine. Validate the analysis engine - the one on which the ANALYZERPROJECT project exists. You do have to do all the deployment things that parallel engine requires - sharing the parallel engine software and enabling rsh/ssh between the nodes.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
arvind_ds
Participant

Post by arvind_ds »

Thanks Ray. I have one more question. Should I NFS mount the Projects directory from conductor node onto computational node such that the Projects(ANALYZERPROJECT and other Projects...) are visible through all the engines.?

If I don't do this, I get error message saying file or directory(/opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/Projects/ANALYZERPROJECT) does not exist on computaional node.

Please share your inputs on this.
Arvind
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Your middle paragraph says it all.
arvind_ds
Participant

Post by arvind_ds »

That means I have to NFS mount the Projects directory across all the nodes such that the Projects are visible across all the nodes, as I understood from your last post.Please confirm.
Arvind
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It does. And the PXEngine too.
arvind_ds
Participant

Post by arvind_ds »

Thank You So Much Ray.
Arvind