the column analysis hangs at "In progress"

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

hitmanthesilentassasin
Participant

the column analysis hangs at "In progress"

Post by hitmanthesilentassasin »

Hi,

I have triggered column analysis lot of times after processing some columns for few columns the jobs get stuck at "In progress" which never changes. is there a way to stop these? and is there any specific reason why this happens?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Why not be more patient? Column analysis can take a long time, particularly if there are many rows to process. I have had column analyses run for most of a weekend.

Is there anything in the logs, including the DataStage Director log in ANALYZERPROJECT project, to indicate that the process was experiencing difficulty?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
hitmanthesilentassasin
Participant

Post by hitmanthesilentassasin »

ray.wurlod wrote:Why not be more patient? Column analysis can take a long time, particularly if there are many rows to process. I have had column analyses run for most of a weekend.

Is there anything in the logs, ...
Well, the story goes like this. I have started column analysis for which some ds jobs have been created and compiled but never executed. and some of the columns have completed within like 2-3 hours and nothing changed since 2 days. so I assume that the jobs that has not been executed are the one's that shows the status as in progress but in the background nothing is happening.

unfortunately, the client I work for is a bit finicky about having access to the entire c drive(and there is only one drive on the computer hard disk). So, I am not able to view the logs on the local machine. would it be possible to stop the columns that show as "In progress" and re-start them. I am quite positive that by restarting the analysis again will solve the problem but the question is how do we stop the jobs.

I did try to hold & delete all the jobs from IA, even that didnt help!!!

Any help would be very much appreciated.