Maximum Data Volume Support By Information Analyzer.

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

kondeti
Premium Member
Premium Member

Maximum Data Volume Support By Information Analyzer.

Post by kondeti »

Dear Talent Pool,
What would be the maximum data volume size Information Analyzer support? I know this question looks silly; but, in my Organization some of the DataStage supporting groups complaining about the Information Analyzer performance. Can anyone tell me what would be the Ideal data volume size to work with Information Analyzer? Thank You.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The ideal volume is "all you've got". The most accurate answers are to be had by profiling all the rows in a table. Don't try to do too many tables at once - they can be scheduled to run consecutively if desired.

What do they mean by "performance"? Could they do it any faster by writing the myriad SQL statements needed to achieve the same results?

If the issue is the impact on the source system, take a snapshot of the source system and profile the snapshot.

But do make use of the scheduler - soak up the free cycles of the analysis engine.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kondeti
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kondeti »

Thank you Ray.