Varchar to bigint conversion

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

lindatgeorge
Participant

Varchar to bigint conversion

Post by lindatgeorge »

HI,

I have a datastage job which reads a file, and then some trnsformations are applied, and then loads into another csv file. Oneof the transformations is as below.

Col2=If IsNull(Col1) then SetNull() Else (Col1)

Here both Col1 and Col2 are nullable. Col1 is of 'Varchar' datatype and Col2 is 'BigInt'. After the transformations the NULL values from input file are loaded as '0' in the ouptput file ( it should be loaded as NULL values itself)

Is there any conversion function that can be applied to convert Varchar to BigInt.

Please help me on this

Thanks in advance...
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This is not an Information Analyzer question then?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
lindatgeorge
Participant

Post by lindatgeorge »

HI,

My question was how to convert a column from vbarchar to Bigint in datastage. Actually the issue is resolved now.It is getting implicitly convereted. The issue was that the incoming data was not being recognised as NULL. So we handled to recognise it as BLANK and the output is populated fine.

Thanks...
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

So why did you post the question in the Information Analyzer forum?
:?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.