Analysis connector Settings / Error executing DS job

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

rramprasad78
Participant

Analysis connector Settings / Error executing DS job

Post by rramprasad78 »

Hi Gurus,
I am a newbie to this world of IA. When i try to validate the engine settings, i get the above error executing ds job and check the log for more details.
The scenario is this: We are using an already existing environment of AIX for IA. The handover didnot happen in the best of the ways and i am left to explore everything of own. Previously, DB2 was used for metadata, analysis and storing data. However for storing data we have moved to Oracle and this works fine.
Having given a very brief background, i have 2 questions:
1. To resolve the above error for connecting it to analysis database on db2, what should i be doing? I am able to validate client connection & validate engine. I have added an entry for db2 wire protocol on .odbc.ini file as well. What am i missing?
2. Can i change now the analysis database to Oracle? Reason is i dont know the exact storage that will be required nor the constraints of db2 in terms of increasing the storage.

Thank you.
Regards,
Ramprasad Ramani
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It would seem easier to ask how to manage the DB2 storage than to change databases. However, and provided that you have run the scripts to create an Oracle version of IADB, there's no reason not to set up a data connection to it and configure it as the analysis database.
Last edited by ray.wurlod on Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rramprasad78
Participant

Post by rramprasad78 »

ray.wurlod wrote:It would seem easier to ask how to manage the DB2 storage than to change databases. However, and provided that you have run the scripts to create an Oracle version of IADB, there's no reason not to s ...
Hi Ray,
Thank you. Since i am not a premium member, i am not able to view your full reply.
Thanks for your time.

Regards,
Ramprasad Ramani
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You didn't miss much. I've cleared the premium block.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rramprasad78
Participant

Post by rramprasad78 »

ray.wurlod wrote:You didn't miss much. I've cleared the premium block. ...
Thank you Ray. I sorted it out with DB2 itself. I used a different user, which is the instance owner username of DB2 and it got resolved with that.
Really appreciate that you cleared the premium block.

Thank you once again.

Regards,
Ramprasad Ramani