How to delete the tables from the meta data repository?

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

ahmedwaseem2000
Premium Member
Premium Member

How to delete the tables from the meta data repository?

Post by ahmedwaseem2000 »

Hi - I am not sure how to delete the table from the meta data repository Xmeta. Accidentally the table definition was defined twice in the QETXT. hence, it created duplicate columns under the same table. However, when I corrected the QETXT and tried "Identify All Levels" it showed me right number of columns but when I tried to import it, it shows me the same duplicate columns. how can I solve this issue?

Thanks
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

I'm not exactly familiar with the problem you are running into, so it may be more involved than just cleaning out the table, but I like to do deletions via FastTrack....it has the simplest GUI for it, but if you are running 8.1.2 (possibly this was all in 8.1 with FP1...I can't remember) you can do deletions at the Web Console via the new "Repository Tab", and also within Workbench, and also within IA.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That new Repository Management functionality in the Web Console for Information Server that Ernie mentioned has specific function for identifying and removing duplicate table definitions from the repository.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ahmedwaseem2000
Premium Member
Premium Member

Thanks - Well, the version I have is 8.1 & I dont have licence to Fast track & in the web console it doesnt show me the repository management. Could you please suggest an alternate way of doing it?

what all values should be deleted from the database to make sure the table is deleted?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I doubt that anyone outside IBM can answer that, and they won't. Any reason not to upgrade to 8.1.2 ?
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ahmedwaseem2000
Premium Member
Premium Member

well, I am not allowed to manipulate with the installation of the softwares and since, this is client location they might be more concerned about the pay and licensing.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If they have maintenance, the upgrade is free.