Information Analyzer import metadata error

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

arvind_ds
Participant

Information Analyzer import metadata error

Post by arvind_ds »

Hi Experts,

I am trying to import metatdata of an oracle table into XMETA oracle repository from a particular schema of a source database using information analyzer.After defining the host computer and adding data source into it, when I try to import the metadata for particular tables; I got the below error.

Failed while importing.Please see log files for details.

I tried to create a log view and got the below message from there.
"The provided DataSchema object could not be found in the repository".

Then I tried to connect to that database from command line and I was able to connect successfully.I executed few queries on the command line to fetch data from the database table under consideration and I was able to do so successfully from the command line.This test rules out any possibility of issue with database table.Please note that I connected to command line from the same server where infosphere server/engine is installed.ODBC connections already defined and setup correctly in .odbc.ini and uvodbc.config file.

Note:I am able to import metadata from a different schemas under the same source database successfully into XMETA repository.I am facing problems while importing metadata of all tables from a specific schema,into XMETA.

Any help on this issue is much appreciated.
Arvind
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Metadata is found in system tables. Do you have SELECT privilege to the appropriate system tables for this particular import?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.