How to copy objects/jobs between projects?

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

truenorth
Participant

How to copy objects/jobs between projects?

Post by truenorth »

How do I copy jobs from one project to another? Is there an export/import feature, like in DS?
Todd Ramirez
Sr Consultant, Data Quality
San Antonio TX
cdp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: How to copy objects/jobs between projects?

Post by cdp »

truenorth wrote:How do I copy jobs from one project to another? Is there an export/import feature, like in DS?
Hi,

Have you had a look at the information server manager tool.

If you are performing promotions across Information Server products (Information Analyzer, metadata assets, user definitions, etc) you use the IS Manager.

As of today, there is little difference between using the dsx from DataStage and using the .isx. Moving forward, however, IS Manager is being extended to included significantly more assets and this is expected in version 8.5 this year, is my information.
truenorth
Participant

Post by truenorth »

Thanks, cdp. No I haven't, but will look at IS Manager. Is it an add-on, i.e., not free?

For now though, my requirement is simply to move/reuse jobs between projects within the same product, IA.
cdp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by cdp »

Hi Todd,

It's part of the 8.1 installation, so no it's not an add-on.

If you're not at 8.1 yet it is worth reading Vincent McBurney's blog as if you are using Information Analyzer or any of the other Foundation Tools there was quite a lot of new features introduced in 8.1.

http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/infosphere/ ... e-81-27522

This is a couple of years old but should give a good idea, there's also some nice dashboards introduced in 8.1.1 around data quality that might be worth investigating.

Thanks...Jonathan
truenorth
Participant

Post by truenorth »

Thank you so much, Jonathan! That article proved quite informative.