IA Primary column analysis is failing

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

Terala
Premium Member
Premium Member

IA Primary column analysis is failing

Post by Terala »

I recently installed Information Server and Information Analyzer - I configured .odbc.ini file to point to database. Logging thru IA i was able to create a project and able to import metadata, schema and one sample table.

When i try to submit to do Column analysis for profiling, datastage jobs are failing with below error.

Code: Select all

pxbridge(0): Error when checking operator: ?? (IIS-CONN-ODBC-000004; ODBC function {0} reported:  SQLSTATE = IM002: Native Error Code = 0: Msg = [DataDirect][ODBC lib] Data source name not found and no default driver specified; CC_OdbcConnection; connect; CC_OdbcConnection.cpp; 416)
Error when checking operator: ?? (IIS-CONN-ODBC-000004; ODBC function {0} reported:  SQLSTATE = 08003: Native Error Code = 0: Msg = [DataDirect][ODBC lib] Connection not open; CC_OdbcConnection; rollback; CC_OdbcConnection.cpp; 895)
this is strange error - as when i import metadata it doesn't give any issues but when i try to connect to the same DB i am getting ODBC error.
Not sure this is related to IADB or source DB access issue.

Appreciate any input

Thanks,
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Not really sure. All I can suggest is to double check your data store information, particularly that for the IADB.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Terala
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Terala »

after adding iadb odbc entry in .odbc.ini files the issue is resolved.
Also there should be entry as iadb=iadb in .odbc.ini file.

Thanks,