New Install of IA in IS V8.1

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

sjfearnside
Premium Member
Premium Member

New Install of IA in IS V8.1

Post by sjfearnside »

I will be installing Information Analyzer (IA) with IS V8.1 on a development server.

The DBA' prefer to pre-install the database, xmeta and IADB to their standards, i.e. specific library names.

I have always installed the xmeta and IADB with the install of IS.

Has anyone installed IS V8.1 with IA and used a pre-istalled IADB?

Are there any special task that need to be completed to make it work other than the typical odbc.ini and uvodbc.config file definition that need to be setup?

Any insight would be welcome and appreciated.

Thanks
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

I am always pre-install the DBs (xmeta and iadb) whether is Oracle, DB2, or SQL Server. Just make sure what's must have for IIS is communicated to your DBA.
sjfearnside
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sjfearnside »

Thanks for the response. Can you give me an example of what you think needs to be communicated to the DBA for IIS or a reference and I will be glad to do the research?
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

From memory there is a section in the Install and Upgrade Guide that tells you what user ids and groups need to be present on the repository database prior to the Information Server install. You may need to validate afterwards that the IADB ODBC connection is present and working via the Information Analyzer settings page.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

You should also know that IA 8.1.1 is also available although it can be tricky to install as it needs a number of 8.1 hot fixes. See tinyurl.com/dsfixes for the process of finding DataStage patches.