Error on Column Analysis

This forum contains ProfileStage posts and now focuses at newer versions Infosphere Information Analyzer.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

RaviReena
Premium Member
Premium Member

Error on Column Analysis

Post by RaviReena »

We are trying to run a column analysis on Teradata table and it is failing with the below error.I am using Teradata Version 12.

pxbridge: Error when checking operator: [IIS-CONN-ODBC-000036] Could not obtain error message from driver (function=SQLPrepare) (CC_OdbcDBStatement::dbsPrepare, file CC_OdbcDBStatement.cpp, line 217)

Any idea what is the issue?
Thanks In Advance.
Rao V
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Looks like you are using the ODBC connector, have you tried profiling the same table via the Teradata connector? If you check the analysis settings option to "retain scripts" it will save the DataStage job that performs the column analysis in the AnalyzerProject and you look through the Director logs. Looks like something went wrong in the SQL select.
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

I was told the only working connector for the Data Store is ODBC Connector. The other two, Teradata Connector and WebspheereMQ Connector are still in work-in-progress.
RaviReena
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by RaviReena »

Only ODBC Connector is supported with Information Analyzer Version 8.0.1.But i tried with Teradata connector and it is saying not supported with this version.

I went and checked in Datastage director for this job and it is having the same error message what ever i posted earlier.But Here I am pasting some of the Informationa messages from the Datastage director.

pxbridge: No design time SQL datatype provided for field CountyCode
No design time SQL datatype provided for field CountyName
No design time SQL datatype provided for field StateCode

Is it gives any information.
Rao V
RaviReena
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by RaviReena »

We resolved the Issue by setting the Isolation Level = 0 and column analysis completed successfully.
Rao V
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Curious. Was there any other activity in the database at the time?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
RaviReena
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by RaviReena »

I am not sure about it because it is a huge Teradata warehouse and there is a possibilty of running other jobs.
Rao V