Visual Looping (2)

Archive of postings to DataStageUsers@Oliver.com. This forum intended only as a reference and cannot be posted to.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

admin

Visual Looping (2)

Post by admin »

This is a topic for an orphaned message.
admin

Post by admin »

If the "large table" is a UniVerse table, you could define an I-descriptor (virtual column) in its file dictionary that performed the sum over the entire record.

Its not 100% clear to me what your overall requirement is. Do you need to return N primary key values for every foreign key value (see earlier email)? Or do you simply need to perform some arithmetic on all of them (in which case you might use user-defined SQL with GROUP BY and set functions).

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, 30 April 2001 16:36
To: informix-datastage@oliver.com
Subject: RE: Visual Looping

First I should point out that Ive never done this, but Im looking forward to being able to when we upgrade to DS 4

You need to:
* Be using DataStage 4.x
* Use an ODBC stage for the lookup (I think that maybe a UV stage supports this too, but not sure). Unfortunately, it is my understanding that an ORAOCI8 stage does not support this.
* On the transform form, right click on the header of the lookup link - I dont recall the exact options (been I while since I read the manual) but it is in here somewhere.

Have fun

David Barham

-----Original Message-----
From: Ormsby, Stephen [mailto:Stephen.Ormsby@team.telstra.com]
Sent: Monday, 30 April 2001 3:42 PM
To: informix-datastage@oliver.com
Subject: Visual Looping

I would like to how to visually build a loop. I have summarised data of one record, which I want to use with a large data table to create percentage values.

Currently I am using a Transform with the summarised data as the stream and the data table as the reference and I am only getting one record returned (it does the calculation though!).

How do I get DataStage to use the total record for every record it finds in the data table, without reverting to coding it?

Stephen O