Stop and reset a job

Archive of postings to DataStageUsers@Oliver.com. This forum intended only as a reference and cannot be posted to.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

admin

Stop and reset a job

Post by admin »

Hi,

We use DataStage 4.1. I was trying to stop a DataStage Job from DataStage Director by clicking on the "stop" icon. However, the job status kept showing "Running" and the reset icon is disabled for this job, so I could not reset it. We rebooted the machine and I am sure nothing is really running there. However, this jobs status is still "Running" and the "reset" icon is disabled. We tried a few times without success in reset this job. Can anyone give any advise on how to do this?

Thanks in advance,

Hong-ching
admin

Post by admin »

As for why the job didnt stop when you first tried, we would need more information about what the jobs does, what data sources it talks to etc.

No that the server has been rebooted, you are right, the job cant be running. However the status information thinks that it is as it probably was when you shut the server down.

What you need to do now is "Clear Status File" from the Job menu in director. Alternatively, it can also be done from DS.TOOLS.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, November 09, 2001 12:22 PM
To: datastage-users@oliver.com
Subject: Stop and reset a job

Hi,

We use DataStage 4.1. I was trying to stop a DataStage Job from DataStage Director by clicking on the "stop" icon. However, the job status kept showing "Running" and the reset icon is disabled for this job, so I could not reset it. We rebooted the machine and I am sure nothing is really running there. However, this jobs status is still "Running" and the "reset" icon is disabled. We tried a few times without success in reset this job. Can anyone give any advise on how to do this?

Thanks in advance,

Hong-ching

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in
error, please notify the sender by return e-mail, and delete this e-mail from your in-box. Do not copy it to anybody else