error using odbc

Archive of postings to DataStageUsers@Oliver.com. This forum intended only as a reference and cannot be posted to.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

admin

error using odbc

Post by admin »

Dear all
I am using DataStage 4.1 on NT.
I am trying to access Oracle Tables using ODBC. I have defined a system DSN.

while importing the tables using Manager - i use
Import->ODBC table definations.
It allows me to connect to the database and i can see my list of tables. However when i select a table and clik view data or import it results in the following error

DSR.MetaGeta(GET.COLUMNS)(SQLFetch): BCI Error: SQLSTATE=22003,CODE=0,[Ardent][SQL Client][ODBC][Oracle][ODBC]Numeric value out of range.

The system DSN works fine with any other utility like TOAD.

I am also able to do the import successfully if i use

Import->plugin Metadata definitons

instead of the ODBC.

Please advise on this.
I would be indebted if anyone can throw light on the enhancements/bugs present in version 4.2 of Ardent DataStage vis a vis version 4.1.

Thanks in advance
Asim
Disclaimer: The information in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential / privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee or addressees. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message, you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly notify the sender by reply email. Please advise immediately if you or your employer does not consent to Internet email for messages of this kind.