New Release?

Archive of postings to DataStageUsers@Oliver.com. This forum intended only as a reference and cannot be posted to.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

admin

New Release?

Post by admin »

Why doesnt Ascential Software notify their users when a new release is available? Or is my company out of the loop? Through this posting site I have found out about DS 5.1. It seems that Ascential would make a bigger deal of new releases. Also, how do we find out who our SE or AE is? Since the split with Informix, I have not heard who our Sales Rep. is. Also, I would like to talk with someone about comparing DataStage with AB Initio. All information is appreciated.

Thanks,

David Lathan
Data Warehouse
Premier Healthcare Informatics
David_Lathan@Premierinc.com

***Note:The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the Sender immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer. Thank you. Premier Inc.
admin

Post by admin »

Very good question ... after similar experiences (and the empty CD in the post trick) I discussed this in some detail with Perry Hayward (European Support Manager) some months ago and flagged that what I (as a user) wanted of support was:
a) E-mails whenever new releases occurred.
b) Updated media made available via FTP.
c) CD/documentation in the post.
d) Regular (quarterly?) news-letter
e) Post-installation verification-procedures.

I got several e-mails, 1 news-letter and Ascential put in place a customer-support contact then the Ascential/Informix split occurred and it all went dead!

If enough people make enough noise about this then maybe well see a bit more value coming from our, not insignificant, maintenance fees!!

James

-----Original Message-----
]
Sent: 11 October 2001 14:29
To: datastage-users@oliver.com
Subject: New Release?

Why doesnt Ascential Software notify their users when a new release is available? Or is my company out of the loop? Through this posting site I have found out about DS 5.1. It seems that Ascential would make a bigger deal of new releases. Also, how do we find out who our SE or AE is? Since the split with Informix, I have not heard who our Sales Rep. is. Also, I would like to talk with someone about comparing DataStage with AB Initio. All information is appreciated.

Thanks,

David Lathan
Data Warehouse

***Note:The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the Sender immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer. Thank you. Premier Inc.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended addressee, you must
not disclose, copy or take any action in reliance of this transmission.

Although this message and its contents have been scanned for viruses and no
viruses were detected, no responsibility whatsoever is accepted by the
Company, or any of its offices or companies for any loss or damage
arising in any way from receipt or use thereof.

If you have received this email in error please delete this message and notify the Polk System Administrator at postmaster@polkglobal.com.
admin

Post by admin »

david,

5.1 has been going through betatesting and development for the last few months, obviously during this time information about the new release will have crept out. We will be pushing 5.1 and letting customers know about it very soon, there will be seminars held locally to bring customers up todate on the new functionality (and theres alot of it). 5.1 is certainly not just the normal kind of update, its a big step in datastages lifecycle.

Your local office should be able to tell you who your AE and SE are. This list is a good way of getting information on what is happening within the datastage world, but it doesnt replace any of the work done by marketing etc within the company.

If youd like to know anything more about the release drop me an email, and Ill also try and see if I can assist you in getting back in contact with your ae/se.

kind regards

Andrew Webb
Principal Presales Consultant
Ascential Software UK
Changing the Way the World Looks At Information www.ascentialsoftware.com

Mobile : +44 (0)777 5762347
Direct : +44 (0)20 8818 0717
Switchboard : +44 (0)20 8818 0700
Fax: +44 (0)20 8818 0701

Email: andrew.webb@ascentialsoftware.com

This message is intended for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain information that is confidential and privileged and/or attorneys work product. Any review or distribution by any other person is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately contact the sender and delete all copies

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 11 October 2001 2:29 PM
To: datastage-users@oliver.com
Subject: New Release?

Thanks,

David Lathan
Data Warehouse