World writable bit on UNIX

Archive of postings to DataStageUsers@Oliver.com. This forum intended only as a reference and cannot be posted to.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

admin

World writable bit on UNIX

Post by admin »

I have DataStage 4.1 running on Sun Solaris 8. Since root must install DataStage, many files are owned by root with other as the group. My users are in a group DBA. Many files in the project directory and ardent home have the world writable bit on. This is driving my security team nuts. Can I change the files owned by root to group DBA and remove the world write bit? Is there something else I should do instead? What have other installations done? I have heard that this is going to be fixed in a future release. Is this true?

Thanks for the help,

David Lathan
Data Warehouse
Premier Healthcare Informatics
David_Lathan@Premierinc.com

***Note:The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the Sender immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer. Thank you. Premier Inc.