Extract Pack for R/3 V3.0

Archive of postings to DataStageUsers@Oliver.com. This forum intended only as a reference and cannot be posted to.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

admin

Extract Pack for R/3 V3.0

Post by admin »

Hello all,

We are upgrading the extract Pack for R/3 Plug-in to V3.0 from V2.0 to utilize the IDoc feature. The installation was successful on the server side. But during the installation in the client side it gave an error while doing a version compatible check with Extract Pack for R/3 with a message - "Record ABAP_EXT_for_R3 in file DS_STAGETYPES does not exist" but it says the installation was successful.

All my existing jobs have also affected by this and I am not able to create the new jobs. It errors out with a message - (A call to an OLE server has failed, or a runtime error occurred within the OLE server itself.") while creating new job.

Has anyone faced this situation? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Nilesh Sangani
# 501-682-4369
admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

If the problem persists after a client reboot, and jobs not using R/3 plugin are affected, it might be that your existing stagetype records (on the
server) have been corrupted somehow. Do they show up correctly on the Manager screen?

Worth a call to tech support.

Regards

- Chris Thornton

-----Original Message-----
From: Srinilesh Sangani [mailto:Srinilesh.Sangani@mail.state.ar.us]
Sent: 21 September 2001 22:27
To: datastage-users@oliver.com
Subject: Extract Pack for R/3 V3.0

Hello all,

We are upgrading the extract Pack for R/3 Plug-in to V3.0 from V2.0 to utilize the IDoc feature. The installation was successful on the server side. But during the installation in the client side it gave an error while doing a version compatible check with Extract Pack for R/3 with a message - "Record ABAP_EXT_for_R3 in file DS_STAGETYPES does not exist" but it says the installation was successful.

All my existing jobs have also affected by this and I am not able to create the new jobs. It errors out with a message - (A call to an OLE server has failed, or a runtime error occurred within the OLE server itself.") while creating new job.

Has anyone faced this situation? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Nilesh Sangani
# 501-682-4369