Unexplained job aborts

Archive of postings to DataStageUsers@Oliver.com. This forum intended only as a reference and cannot be posted to.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

admin

Unexplained job aborts

Post by admin »

I have several batch processes set up that run continuously, and have been for approx. 3 months without any change to the job design. Just recently the batch process aborts randomly for different jobs in the batch with the following error message. There is never any more detail than what is listed below and I am always able to reset the aborted job and batch and restart it without problem. I need to know why this is happening ... any help would be greatly appreciated.

Abnormal termination of stage DailyRejectPercentNCSHP3.Trans detected

Thanks
Lisa

---------------------------------------------------------
The sender of this electronic message intends that this e-mail be used exclusively by the individual or entity to which it is intended to be addressed. This message may contain information that is privileged and confidential and thereby exempt and protected from unauthorized disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication, or the use of its contents, is not authorized and is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error and are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the original message from your e-mail system.
admin

Post by admin »

On you on a Unix box or NT box? When DataStage runs a machine out of memory you get abnormal terminations. Check this out.
admin

Post by admin »

It is interesting. I dont have an answer.

But when I find why our jobs (in one project) randomly started abending 4 days ago with a similar message from an ODBC stage, Ill let you know. We intend to trace the execution and see if this sheds some light on the problem.

Don Bradshaw
AM Corporation Limited
Ph: +61 2 8257 9565
Fax: +61 2 8257 9599
mailto: donbradshaw@amcorp.com.au
http://www.amcorp.com.au

-----Original Message-----
From: lhamilto@ncshealth.com [SMTP:lhamilto@ncshealth.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 12, 2001 12:14 AM
To: datastage-users@oliver.com
Subject: Unexplained job aborts

I have several batch processes set up that run continuously, and have been for approx. 3 months without any change to the job design. Just recently the batch process aborts randomly for different jobs in the batch with the following error message. There is never any more detail than what is listed below and I am always able to reset the aborted job and batch and restart it without problem. I need to know why this is happening ... any help would be greatly appreciated.

Abnormal termination of stage DailyRejectPercentNCSHP3.Trans detected

Thanks
Lisa

---------------------------------------------------------
The sender of this electronic message intends that this e-mail be used exclusively by the individual or entity to which it is intended to be addressed. This message may contain information that is privileged and confidential and thereby exempt and protected from unauthorized disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication, or the use of its contents, is not authorized and is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error and are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the original message from your e-mail system.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please disregard the contents of the email, delete the email and notify the author immediately.