Resend: MetaStage on UNIX?

Archive of postings to DataStageUsers@Oliver.com. This forum intended only as a reference and cannot be posted to.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

admin

Resend: MetaStage on UNIX?

Post by admin »

If I have already asked this please forgive. Sent to old Mail List last week and wasnt sure it got out:

Anyone have experiences Good/Bad/Indifferent to getting MetaStage working properly in a Unix Environment? We have the old NT MetaStage but were not ever able to get it to work successfully. We gave up over a year ago. I hear rumor that there is a newer version that runs on Unix. We have very large DS Projects with alot of Meta data. We need to get a handle on our Metadata fast and I was hoping that MetaStage has grown-up enough to handle our needs.
Thanks in advance,
Lorry
admin

Post by admin »

There is no MetaStage on Unix. The directory database can be anywhere you want, Oracle on Unix, SQL-Server on NT, whatever. The application is still a Windows based app that is bound by the CPU, memory, and disk of your desktop. I suggest you send your complaints on to Ascential....

-Ken

lorry.siro@pharma.novartis.com on 23-Jul-2001 07:39

Please respond to datastage-users@oliver.com

To: datastage-users
cc:
Subject: Resend: MetaStage on UNIX?

If I have already asked this please forgive. Sent to old Mail List last week and wasnt sure it got out:

Anyone have experiences Good/Bad/Indifferent to getting MetaStage working properly in a Unix Environment? We have the old NT MetaStage but were not ever able to get it to work successfully. We gave up over a year ago. I hear rumor that there is a newer version that runs on Unix. We have very large DS Projects with alot of Meta data. We need to get a handle on our Metadata fast and I was hoping that MetaStage has grown-up enough to handle our needs.
Thanks in advance,
Lorry
admin

Post by admin »

lorry,
Metastage itself only runs on windows environments. The process metabroker will run on unix (since its a java class). were currently at release 2.1r5 of metastage. There is specific version for unix.

maybe if you want to email me offline I can tell you if specific things have changed.

Andrew Webb
Principal Presales Consultant
Ascential Software
Changing the Way the World Looks At Information www.ascentialsoftware.com

Mobile : +44 (0)777 5762347
Direct : +44 (0)20 8818 0717
Switchboard : +44 (0)20 8818 0700
Fax: +44 (0)20 8818 0701
Email: andrew.webb@ascentialsoftware.com
This message is intended for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain information that is confidential and privileged and/or attorneys work product. Any review or distribution by any other person is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately contact the sender and delete all copies

> -----Original Message-----
> From: lorry.siro@pharma.novartis.com
> [mailto:lorry.siro@pharma.novartis.com]
> Sent: 23 July 2001 12:40 PM
> To: datastage-users@oliver.com
> Subject: Resend: MetaStage on UNIX?
>
>
> If I have already asked this please forgive. Sent to old
> Mail List last
> week and wasnt sure it got out:
>
> Anyone have experiences Good/Bad/Indifferent to getting
> MetaStage working
> properly in a Unix Environment? We have the old NT MetaStage
> but were not
> ever able to get it to work successfully. We gave up over a
> year ago. I
> hear rumor that there is a newer version that runs on Unix.
> We have very large DS Projects with alot of Meta data. We
> need to get a
> handle on our Metadata fast and I was hoping that MetaStage
> has grown-up
> enough to handle our needs.
> Thanks in advance,
> Lorry
>