Antwort: Urgent - Problem during Installation of Datastage 3

Archive of postings to DataStageUsers@Oliver.com. This forum intended only as a reference and cannot be posted to.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

admin

Post by admin »

yes i have this file /AIX/DBENGINE/STARTUP. file what is the error then.

thanks and regards
Sudhir Mahendru
GTS/APHO-ITA/CA$H/IDMS-Datawarehouse
(65) 423-7449

---------------------------------------- Message History ----------------------------------------

Please respond to informix-datastage@oliver.com

To: informix-datastage@oliver.com
cc:
Subject: Antwort: Urgent - Problem during Installation of Datastage 3.6.3

Hi

you use the wrong mount command. I dont know the right, but in the root directory should be a file "SETUP.;1" and your "/AIX/DBengine/startup" should by "/AIX/DBENGINE/STARTUP.;1"

regards
Udo

Sudhir Mahendru on 29.06.2001 06:45:16

Bitte antworten an informix-datastage@oliver.com

An: informix-datastage@oliver.com
Kopie: (Blindkopie: Udo Neumann/EDS)
Thema: Urgent - Problem during Installation of Datastage 3.6.3

Hi All

I am installing Datastage on AIX 4.3.2 machine

Have followed following steps

1. On one unix machine i mounted the datastage server cd and created cd on hard
disk using ./install.sh -cd /tmp/cd command
2. I made a tarfile of this /tmp/cd directory
3. ftp the tarfile to other unix machine in bin mode and untar the file there 4. started ./install from /tmp/cd

first error it give is (but there is a file existing in that directory with name startup. ( why one extra dot ) )

No such file or directory
./install.sh[8]: /ds/dwcd/AIX/DBengine/startup: cannot open

then it ask continue I press yes

later on it gives timeout error

.liscense_info file created
Installing DataStage Server Engine. ................................................................................
................................................................................
................................................................................
........................................................ .....................
ERROR: DataStage installation timeout in UniVerse install

I have already taken it up with DataStage Australia Support but there are not able to figure out the problem....pls advice

one more thing in the file universe_install_errors
there are two entries /etc/uv.rc --- not found
other is ............../uv.load cannot execute

thanks in advance

thanks and regards
Sudhir Mahendru
(65) 423-7449

--

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

--

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.
admin

Post by admin »

The semi-colon ( ; ) is not needed if the installation is done from a disk rather than from a CD. If I recall correctly its not needed even for the CD on AIX, but its been a while since I tried one of these.

If you use the -v option for install, you get verbose mode, one of the advantages of which is that you do not take a timeout. (Read the shell script to see what causes the timeout - its typically waiting for a copy to complete, but only allocating a fixed amount of time in which that should
occur.)

It may be that the file named "startup." is not correctly named, or that it may be named thus for some particular reason. Again my advice is to read (or grep) through the install script to see whether this file name is referred to. Also check the load script in the same directory.
admin

Antwort: Urgent - Problem during Installation of Datastage 3

Post by admin »

Hi

you use the wrong mount command. I dont know the right, but in the root directory should be a file "SETUP.;1" and your "/AIX/DBengine/startup" should by "/AIX/DBENGINE/STARTUP.;1"

regards
Udo

Sudhir Mahendru on 29.06.2001 06:45:16

Bitte antworten an informix-datastage@oliver.com

An: informix-datastage@oliver.com
Kopie: (Blindkopie: Udo Neumann/EDS)
Thema: Urgent - Problem during Installation of Datastage 3.6.3

Hi All

I am installing Datastage on AIX 4.3.2 machine

Have followed following steps

1. On one unix machine i mounted the datastage server cd and created cd on hard
disk using ./install.sh -cd /tmp/cd command
2. I made a tarfile of this /tmp/cd directory
3. ftp the tarfile to other unix machine in bin mode and untar the file there 4. started ./install from /tmp/cd

first error it give is (but there is a file existing in that directory with name startup. ( why one extra dot ) )

No such file or directory
./install.sh[8]: /ds/dwcd/AIX/DBengine/startup: cannot open

then it ask continue I press yes

later on it gives timeout error

.liscense_info file created
Installing DataStage Server Engine. ................................................................................
........................................................ .....................
ERROR: DataStage installation timeout in UniVerse install

I have already taken it up with DataStage Australia Support but there are not able to figure out the problem....pls advice

one more thing in the file universe_install_errors
there are two entries /etc/uv.rc --- not found
other is ............../uv.load cannot execute

thanks in advance

thanks and regards
Sudhir Mahendru
(65) 423-7449

--

admin

Post by admin »

Hi Ray/All

Well guys I have manged to install the Datastage and one project is also created but I am still getting certion problems

1. if I go to project directory /ds/dtstage/Ardent/uv/kldwpro1 and run the following command from a shell

uvhome=`cat /.uvhome`
. $uvhome/dsenv
$uvhome/bin/uvsh

it gives following error

Could not load program /ds/dtstage/Ardent/uv/bin/uvsh
Could not load library libdsplugin.so
Error was: No such file or directory

2. if I do a ./dspackinst from bin directory then it give following error

PThis directory does not contain a DataStage package. "WildCard" previously undefined. Empty string used.

please advice

and I am not able to connect from datastage designer (giving following error "Failed to connect to Host .......UV internal error (39202))

thanks and regards
Sudhir Mahendru
(65) 423-7449

---------------------------------------- Message History ----------------------------------------

Please respond to informix-datastage@oliver.com

To: informix-datastage@oliver.com
cc:
Subject: RE: Antwort: Urgent - Problem during Installation of Datastage 3.6.3

The semi-colon ( ; ) is not needed if the installation is done from a disk rather than from a CD. If I recall correctly its not needed even for the CD on AIX, but its been a while since I tried one of these.

If you use the -v option for install, you get verbose mode, one of the advantages of which is that you do not take a timeout. (Read the shell script to see what causes the timeout - its typically waiting for a copy to complete, but only allocating a fixed amount of time in which that should
occur.)

It may be that the file named "startup." is not correctly named, or that it may be named thus for some particular reason. Again my advice is to read (or grep) through the install script to see whether this file name is referred to. Also check the load script in the same directory.

--