Visual Looping

Archive of postings to DataStageUsers@Oliver.com. This forum intended only as a reference and cannot be posted to.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

admin

Visual Looping

Post by admin »

I would like to how to visually build a loop. I have summarised data of one record, which I want to use with a large data table to create percentage values.

Currently I am using a Transform with the summarised data as the stream and the data table as the reference and I am only getting one record returned (it does the calculation though!).

How do I get DataStage to use the total record for every record it finds in the data table, without reverting to coding it?

Stephen O
admin

Post by admin »

First I should point out that Ive never done this, but Im looking forward to being able to when we upgrade to DS 4

You need to:
* Be using DataStage 4.x
* Use an ODBC stage for the lookup (I think that maybe a UV stage supports this too, but not sure). Unfortunately, it is my understanding that an ORAOCI8 stage does not support this.
* On the transform form, right click on the header of the lookup link - I dont recall the exact options (been I while since I read the manual) but it is in here somewhere.

Have fun

David Barham

-----Original Message-----
From: Ormsby, Stephen [mailto:Stephen.Ormsby@team.telstra.com]
Sent: Monday, 30 April 2001 3:42 PM
To: informix-datastage@oliver.com
Subject: Visual Looping

I would like to how to visually build a loop. I have summarised data of one record, which I want to use with a large data table to create percentage values.

Currently I am using a Transform with the summarised data as the stream and the data table as the reference and I am only getting one record returned (it does the calculation though!).

How do I get DataStage to use the total record for every record it finds in the data table, without reverting to coding it?

Stephen O