how to delete obsolete jobs from system

Archive of postings to DataStageUsers@Oliver.com. This forum intended only as a reference and cannot be posted to.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

admin

how to delete obsolete jobs from system

Post by admin »

Hi, all

I used to create a testing job for a new job, of course some of them ran unsuccessfully, and email warning message by an After-job subroutine every night. Now I am trying to delete these rubbish from my system, and I find even some of these rubbish have been deleted, but the warning message still email to me every night.

I tried to re-construct dummy jobs with these same job name, ran these dummy jobs successfully, then I find some of these job warning message disappeared, but the others still keep sending warning email to me.

What did it happen and how should I do? Can anybody give me an idea?

Thanks

xiong
admin

Post by admin »

The "routine name" (or "caller") argument from the DSLogWarn subroutine usually places the name of the routine in parentheses in the log entry. Select this routine (a before/after routine) in the Routines branch in Manager, then perform a usage analysis (the beaker-shaped tool on the toolbar). This will tell you from which jobs the routine is called.

(You need DataStage 4.0 or later for this.)

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, 24 April 2001 04:23
To: informix-datastage@oliver.com
Subject: how to delete obsolete jobs from system

Hi, all

I used to create a testing job for a new job, of course some of them ran unsuccessfully, and email warning message by an After-job subroutine every night. Now I am trying to delete these rubbish from my system, and I find even some of these rubbish have been deleted, but the warning message still email to me every night.

I tried to re-construct dummy jobs with these same job name, ran these dummy jobs successfully, then I find some of these job warning message disappeared, but the others still keep sending warning email to me.

What did it happen and how should I do? Can anybody give me an idea?

Thanks

xiong