Lotus Domino and ODBC Connectivity

Archive of postings to DataStageUsers@Oliver.com. This forum intended only as a reference and cannot be posted to.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

admin

Lotus Domino and ODBC Connectivity

Post by admin »

Heres a question for all:

Does anyone out there know of DataStages capability to connect via ODBC or a native call interface with a Lotus Domino Server? We would like to extract some data from our server, but unsure how to achieve this with a Direct connection to DataStage. Thanks!

Regards,
Joan Valdez
admin

Post by admin »

Joan,

I need some clarification as I have not kept up with the development of the Lotus products.

Last time I had anything to do with them, Lotus Notes was their text database and Lotus Domino Server was their web server. I vaguely recall some improved integration so that Domino server could talk directly to a Notes database. Are these still 2 separate products or have they effectively merged.

Is there an ODBC driver for Notes/Domino Server (which ever is appropriate)? If there is, I see no reason why DataStage could not access it.

Part of the reason I was asking for the clarification is that I know that Dialog have implemented a data warehouse at the Qld Dept of Natural Resources which reads data from a Lotus Notes database. If someone from Dialog or that project does not respond, then you might want to chase them up through other channels.

Happy hunting.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, November 13, 2000 2:29 PM
To: informix-datastage@oliver.com
Subject: Lotus Domino and ODBC Connectivity

Heres a question for all:

Does anyone out there know of DataStages capability to connect via ODBC or a native call interface with a Lotus Domino Server? We would like to extract some data from our server, but unsure how to achieve this with a Direct connection to DataStage. Thanks!

Regards,
Joan Valdez

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in
error, please notify the sender by return e-mail, and delete this e-mail from your in-box. Do not copy it to anybody else

admin

Post by admin »

Hi Joan, I have, drop us a call in support. There is a trick due to a Lotus security feature.

> John Whyman
> Resolution Team Engineer
> John.Whyman@Informix.com www.informix.com
> Sydney Australia
>
> Informix Software
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Valdez, Joan [SMTP:Joan.Valdez@team.telstra.com]
> Sent: Monday, 13 November 2000 15:29
> To: informix-datastage@oliver.com
> Subject: Lotus Domino and ODBC Connectivity
>
> Heres a question for all:
>
> Does anyone out there know of DataStages capability to connect via
> ODBC or a native call interface with a Lotus Domino Server? We would
> like to extract some data from our server, but unsure how to achieve
> this with a Direct connection to DataStage. Thanks!
>
> Regards,
> Joan Valdez
>