Scheduling on DataStage

Archive of postings to DataStageUsers@Oliver.com. This forum intended only as a reference and cannot be posted to.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

admin

Scheduling on DataStage

Post by admin »

I am using DataStage v3.5. and trying to schedule a job. Datastage Server is on an NT machine. Schedule is enabled on NT.

When I go into Datastage Administrator, in the project properties dialogue box, in the schedule tab, I specify the username and password, test it and I get the message "username validated correctly". I then go into Director and add the specified job to the schedule, enter the parameters for the job, etc. When its time for the job to start running, it doesnt run and the status of the job remain as it was. Basically nothing happens.

Whenever I go into Administrator and click the properties tab I get the error message :
"DSR.ADMIN: Failed to get named security for object e:ardentdatastagedmartoperator.adm".
Could this be the reason why Scheduling is not working? Also can anyone tell me why I am getting this error and how to get rid of it. I have already reinstalled Datastage and still get this message.

Seema