Subject: rejected_code isuue

Archive of postings to DataStageUsers@Oliver.com. This forum intended only as a reference and cannot be posted to.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

admin

Subject: rejected_code isuue

Post by admin »

This is a topic for an orphaned message.
admin

Post by admin »

Xiong,

If your constraint that is used to write to the output file uses the primary key column(s) form the lookup tables, then there will be no rejects records, because the odbc lookup stage will only select the records that match your select criteria in you stream input link. Keep in mind only records selected in you stream input link will make it to the output link.

If you want to force rejects, then maybe you want to change your select criteria in the steam input link to include more records that would reject OR change one of your lookup links to be the stream link. Both ways you need to tweak your constraint to filter the data properly.

Hope this help.

Nazek

-----Original Message-----
From: Li, Xiong (Corporate Manukau) [mailto:Xiong.Li@chh.co.nz]
Sent: Monday, 29 October 2001 10:37
To: datastage-users@oliver.com
Subject: rejected_code isuue...

Hi, all

I have a very simple job for making a staging table in Universe. I defined constraint for staging table, so that rows coming through dont match the constrain would be rejected. the rejected link constrain is "staing_insert.rejected".

This job works fine, two rows rejected, but no warning message issued. After checked my rejected file, I found the rejected rows REJECTEDCODE = 0. But rows were rejected.(They should be rejected as constrain required).

Does anybody have experience with this issue? Any advice would be appreciated.

Xiong