Job abort afer system was rebooted 2 days.

Archive of postings to DataStageUsers@Oliver.com. This forum intended only as a reference and cannot be posted to.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

admin

Job abort afer system was rebooted 2 days.

Post by admin »

Dear all,

I got the amazing problem for you and will appreciate if anyone can help me with this problem. I run DS4.03r2 on Compaq TRU64 5.1. I have batch job to run the other child jobs. The problem start from this point within 2 days period after system was rebooted my job work normally without any error. But after that I can run only child job one job at a time but if I run batch job the child job will abort with following error

Abnormal termination of stage MastSoslGrup.Trnf_MAST_SOSL_GRUP detected

I try to start-stop DS many times but I got the same result. But if I reboot the system every job can run normally again. Then after I rebooted the system 2 days the same problem will happen again. Anyone that know how to fix this problem please let me know.

Thanks in advance,
_____

Direk Phaisitwanitkul
Database Administrator,
Data Warehouse & Report Div, Corp. IS.
Total Access Communication PLC.
333/3 Chai Bldg. 23 Fl., Vibhavadi Rangsit Rd.,
Ladyao, Chatuchak, Bangkok, Thailand, 10900.
Tel: (662) 202-8000 #31345
Email: direkp@dtac.co.th
WWW: http://www.dtac.co.th
admin

Post by admin »

Dirk I have monitor the tempspace directory and it have many free space. And hardware resource such as CPU and memory still free.

Regards,
Direk

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, October 26, 2001 2:01 PM
To: Direk Phaisitwanitkul
Subject: FW: Job abort afer system was rebooted 2 days.

I dont know much about Datastage. All I can think of is that this is maybe a temp space problem. Do you have enough temp dbspace defined in your dsenv file ?

Dirk

Sent: Friday, October 26, 2001 5:03 AM
To: datastage-users@oliver.com
Subject: Job abort afer system was rebooted 2 days.

Dear all,

I got the amazing problem for you and will appreciate if anyone can help me with this problem. I run DS4.03r2 on Compaq TRU64 5.1. I have batch job to run the other child jobs. The problem start from this point within 2 days period after system was rebooted my job work normally without any error. But after that I can run only child job one job at a time but if I run batch job the child job will abort with following error

I try to start-stop DS many times but I got the same result. But if I reboot the system every job can run normally again. Then after I rebooted the system 2 days the same problem will happen again. Anyone that know how to fix this problem please let me know.

Thanks in advance,
_____

Direk Phaisitwanitkul
Database Administrator,

==========================================================
This message contains information intended for the perusal, and/or use (if so stated), by the stated addressee(s) only. The information is confidential and privileged. If you are not an intended recipient, do not peruse, use, disseminate, distribute, copy or in any manner rely upon the information contained in this message (directly or indirectly). The sender and/or the entity represented by the sender shall not be held accountable in the event that this prohibition is disregarded. If you receive this message in error, notify the sender immediately by e-mail, fax or telephone representations contained in this message, whether express or implied, are those of the sender only, unless that sender expressly states them to be the views or representations of an entity or person, who shall be named by the sender and who the sender shall state to represent. No liability shall otherwise attach to any other entity or person. ==========================================================
admin

Post by admin »

Sorry, this was all I could think of. I am still very new with Datastage, so I dont have a lot of experience with it.

Hope you find the solution soon.
Regards
Dirk

Sent: Friday, October 26, 2001 12:31 PM
Subject: RE: Job abort afer system was rebooted 2 days.

Dirk I have monitor the tempspace directory and it have many free space. And hardware resource such as CPU and memory still free.

Regards,
Direk

Sent: Friday, October 26, 2001 2:01 PM
To: Direk Phaisitwanitkul
Subject: FW: Job abort afer system was rebooted 2 days.

I dont know much about Datastage. All I can think of is that this is maybe a temp space problem. Do you have enough temp dbspace defined in your dsenv file ?

Dirk

Sent: Friday, October 26, 2001 5:03 AM

Dear all,

Thanks in advance,
_____

Direk Phaisitwanitkul
Database Administrator,

==========================================================
This message contains information intended for the perusal, and/or use (if so stated), by the stated addressee(s) only. The information is confidential and privileged. If you are not an intended recipient, do not peruse, use, disseminate, distribute, copy or in any manner rely upon the information contained in this message (directly or indirectly). The sender and/or the entity represented by the sender shall not be held accountable in the event that this prohibition is disregarded. If you receive this message in error, notify the sender immediately by e-mail, fax or telephone representations contained in this message, whether express or implied, are those of the sender only, unless that sender expressly states them to be the views or representations of an entity or person, who shall be named by the sender and who the sender shall state to represent. No liability shall otherwise attach to any other entity or person. ==========================================================
admin

Post by admin »

Have you tried looking in the work files in &PH& to see if there are any further clues or error messages?

Sent: Friday, 26 October 2001 1:03 PM

Dear all,

Thanks in advance,
_____

Direk Phaisitwanitkul
Database Administrator,
admin

Post by admin »

Hi Direk,

Ive worked on environment like yours and I was ran into your same problem.

Seems that this is a know problem on DEC where the internal universe licenses are not handled correctly (each active stage will use up a Universe license...).

To correct this, the support inform me, that a workaround could be used: upgrade the Universe licence with a specific commands that your Ascential techincal Support can give you.

Good luck :o)

Giovanni

Giovanni Boccia
Sales Engineer
Direzione Industria e Servizi
Datamat - Enabling Your Future

----- Original Message -----
To:
Sent: Friday, October 26, 2001 4:02 AM

> Dear all,
>
> I got the amazing problem for you and will appreciate if anyone can
> help
me
> with this problem. I run DS4.03r2 on Compaq TRU64 5.1. I have batch
> job to run the other child jobs. The problem start from this point
> within 2 days period after system was rebooted my job work normally
> without any error.
But
> after that I can run only child job one job at a time but if I run
> batch
job
> the child job will abort with following error
>
> Abnormal termination of stage MastSoslGrup.Trnf_MAST_SOSL_GRUP
> detected
>
> I try to start-stop DS many times but I got the same result. But if I
reboot
> the system every job can run normally again. Then after I rebooted the
> system 2 days the same problem will happen again. Anyone that know how
> to fix this problem please let me know.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> _____
>
> Direk Phaisitwanitkul
> Database Administrator,
> Data Warehouse & Report Div, Corp. IS.
> Total Access Communication PLC.
> 333/3 Chai Bldg. 23 Fl., Vibhavadi Rangsit Rd.,
> Ladyao, Chatuchak, Bangkok, Thailand, 10900.
> Tel: (662) 202-8000 #31345
> Email: direkp@dtac.co.th
> WWW: http://www.dtac.co.th
>
>