Export/ Import Project

Archive of postings to DataStageUsers@Oliver.com. This forum intended only as a reference and cannot be posted to.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

admin

Export/ Import Project

Post by admin »

Ive recently Exported / Imported my entire project to a new server. Everything "seems" to be fine, however, Im not able to open a few of my jobs in Designer. I get this error message: This job has no design time information and it will not allow me to open the job. In addition, I have a few jobs that ran perfectly on one server that now abort on the new server with this error message: DataStage Job 114 Phantom 6547 Program "JOB.1654423853.DT.1221760416.V0S2": Line 53, Division by zero, zero returned. DataStage Phantom Finished

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Lisa
admin

Post by admin »

Lisa -
Are you sure that your export ran to completion?? At any time during the export did a box appear that said that a certain job couldnt be exported because it was in use? The way the export works, if a job is "in use" (which means someone could have it open in the designer, or even that an old "hung session" exists for a job that was previously being accessed), the export stops at that job (alphabetically), and doesnt export that job or any of the jobs after it. Instead, it moves on to other things.
You may notice, then, that all of the jobs which you say have "no design time info" are grouped together, alphabetically, beginning with the one which was un-exportable because of the fact that it was "in use" at the time of the export.
When this happens, the best thing to do is just to restore the entire project off of a server backup, since the project export will be incomplete. Good luck!! Lindi

Lindi Reichel
Information Resources and Technology (IRT)
Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
Academic Support Bldg - A310
P.O. Box 855 Hershey, PA 17033-2903
phone: (717 )531-1568
pager: (717) 213-7417
fax: (717) 531-6785
email: lreichel@psu.edu

>>> lhamilto@ncshealth.com 10/12/01 11:39AM >>>

Ive recently Exported / Imported my entire project to a new server. Everything "seems" to be fine, however, Im not able to open a few of my jobs in Designer. I get this error message: This job has no design time information and it will not allow me to open the job. In addition, I have a few jobs that ran perfectly on one server that now abort on the new server with this error message: DataStage Job 114 Phantom 6547 Program "JOB.1654423853.DT.1221760416.V0S2": Line 53, Division by zero, zero returned. DataStage Phantom Finished

Thanks
Lisa
admin

Post by admin »

Another question - are you using the same versions ?

I had a problem where my client and server versions were not compatible, and I could not open jobs - even ones I created through the same client. When we changed the versions the problem was solved. This is probably not the case here, but I thought Id just mention it.

Regards
Dirk

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, October 15, 2001 4:19 PM
To: datastage-users@oliver.com
Subject: Re: Export/ Import Project

Lisa -
Are you sure that your export ran to completion?? At any time during the export did a box appear that said that a certain job couldnt be exported because it was in use? The way the export works, if a job is "in use" (which means someone could have it open in the designer, or even that an old "hung session" exists for a job that was previously being accessed), the export stops at that job (alphabetically), and doesnt export that job or any of the jobs after it. Instead, it moves on to other things.
You may notice, then, that all of the jobs which you say have "no design time info" are grouped together, alphabetically, beginning with the one which was un-exportable because of the fact that it was "in use" at the time of the export.
When this happens, the best thing to do is just to restore the entire project off of a server backup, since the project export will be incomplete. Good luck!! Lindi

Lindi Reichel
Information Resources and Technology (IRT)
Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
Academic Support Bldg - A310
P.O. Box 855 Hershey, PA 17033-2903
phone: (717 )531-1568
pager: (717) 213-7417
fax: (717) 531-6785
email: lreichel@psu.edu

>>> lhamilto@ncshealth.com 10/12/01 11:39AM >>>

Thanks
Lisa

==========================================================
This message contains information intended for the perusal, and/or use (if so stated), by the stated addressee(s) only. The information is confidential and privileged. If you are not an intended recipient, do not peruse, use, disseminate, distribute, copy or in any manner rely upon the information contained in this message (directly or indirectly). The sender and/or the entity represented by the sender shall not be held accountable in the event that this prohibition is disregarded. If you receive this message in error, notify the sender immediately by e-mail, fax or telephone representations contained in this message, whether express or implied, are those of the sender only, unless that sender expressly states them to be the views or representations of an entity or person, who shall be named by the sender and who the sender shall state to represent. No liability shall otherwise attach to any other entity or person. ==========================================================