Text File Update

Archive of postings to DataStageUsers@Oliver.com. This forum intended only as a reference and cannot be posted to.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

admin

Text File Update

Post by admin »

I have several jobs to export data from universe and insert it into SQL Server. I have been asked to write the start and stop time of each job to a text file on the Datastage server so that our applications group and read this text file and see that all the jobs have completed and how long they have taken.

What is the best way to do this?

Mike Roosa
Programmer/Analyst
Getronics
Phone: (813) 884-2500 x7660
Pager: 1-888-552-3504

This e-mail message and any attachments are confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify me immediately by replying to this message and please destroy all copies of this message and attachments. Thank you.
admin

Post by admin »

The EASIEST way is to use before-job and after-job subroutines to execute a shell command such as echo `date` >> #filename#

The BEST way is to write DataStage job control code including WriteSeq statements.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, 12 September 2001 00:32
To: datastage-users@oliver.com
Subject: Text File Update

I have several jobs to export data from universe and insert it into SQL Server. I have been asked to write the start and stop time of each job to a text file on the Datastage server so that our applications group and read this text file and see that all the jobs have completed and how long they have taken.

What is the best way to do this?

Mike Roosa
Programmer/Analyst
Getronics
Phone: (813) 884-2500 x7660
Pager: 1-888-552-3504

This e-mail message and any attachments are confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify me immediately by replying to this message and please destroy all copies of this message and attachments. Thank you.