Exporting jobs using commandline ?

Archive of postings to DataStageUsers@Oliver.com. This forum intended only as a reference and cannot be posted to.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

admin

Exporting jobs using commandline ?

Post by admin »

We are currently using Datastage V4.0
Is there a commandline export utility that will export
all jobs/routines etc.. from a project to a file without
user intervention? I heard that version 4.2 has an export utility included. To use that export program, do you have to install version 4.2 or can you just copy the file into ServerEnginebin directory and run it from there on?

thanks
pieter

-----Original Message-----
From: lhamilto@ncshealth.com [mailto:lhamilto@ncshealth.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2001 12:43 PM
To: datastage-users@oliver.com
Subject: Re: How to stop datastage job running

Try the Clear Status File .. this should work.

"Li, Xiong (Corporate Manukau)" on 08/14/2001 09:05:09 PM

Please respond to datastage-users@oliver.com

To: "datastage-users@oliver.com"

cc: (bcc: Lisa Hamilton/COL/OH/NCS_HealthCare)

Subject: How to stop datastage job running

Hi, All

I have a job which call unix script to extract data from csv file being in Unix. For some reason, this job kept running serval hours last night, but did nothing. This morning, I tried to stop it by command dsjob -stop ..., its status was still "RUNNING", Then I went to Cleanup Resources, logout process, back to Unix, I found it was still running. Now, even I have killed its process against unix. I still couldnt compile this job. Anybody have experienced this problem, could you please give me some idea?

Thanks in advance

Xiong

DISCLAIMER: This electronic message together with any attachments is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, do not copy, disclose or use the contents in any way. Please also advise us by return e-mail that you have received the message and then please destroy. Carter Holt Harvey is not responsible for any changes made to this message and / or any attachments after sending by Carter Holt Harvey. We use virus scanning software but exclude all liability for viruses or anything similar in this email or any attachment.
admin

Post by admin »

dsexport.exe has been in the product for quite some time, so you should be able to find it. Its very useful, although it is unfortunately a client side tool. I dont remember exactly when it was first included, but I thought it was prior to 4.2...

Ernie

From: Brundyn, Pieter [mailto:pbrundyn@metropolitan.co.za]
Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2001 9:39 AM
Subject: Exporting jobs using commandline ?

We are currently using Datastage V4.0
Is there a commandline export utility that will export
all jobs/routines etc.. from a project to a file without
user intervention? I heard that version 4.2 has an export utility included. To use that export program, do you have to install version 4.2 or can you just copy the file into ServerEnginebin directory and run it from there on?

thanks
pieter

From: lhamilto@ncshealth.com [mailto:lhamilto@ncshealth.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2001 12:43 PM
Subject: Re: How to stop datastage job running

Try the Clear Status File .. this should work.

"Li, Xiong (Corporate Manukau)" on 08/14/2001 09:05:09 PM

Please respond to datastage-users@oliver.com

To: "datastage-users@oliver.com"

cc: (bcc: Lisa Hamilton/COL/OH/NCS_HealthCare)

Subject: How to stop datastage job running

Hi, All

I have a job which call unix script to extract data from csv file being in Unix. For some reason, this job kept running serval hours last night, but did nothing. This morning, I tried to stop it by command dsjob -stop ..., its status was still "RUNNING", Then I went to Cleanup Resources, logout process, back to Unix, I found it was still running. Now, even I have killed its process against unix. I still couldnt compile this job. Anybody have experienced this problem, could you please give me some idea?

Thanks in advance

Xiong

DISCLAIMER: This electronic message together with any attachments is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, do not copy, disclose or use the contents in any way. Please also advise us by return e-mail that you have received the message and then please destroy. Carter Holt Harvey is not responsible for any changes made to this message and / or any attachments after sending by Carter Holt Harvey. We use virus scanning software but exclude all liability for viruses or anything similar in this email or any attachment.