Runtime Error

Archive of postings to DataStageUsers@Oliver.com. This forum intended only as a reference and cannot be posted to.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

admin

Post by admin »

Is the routine very large?

There is a bug in that version of Manager which stops it from loading a routine with source code greater than 32Kb. You can create one this big and save it, but then you cant open it again.

You can get around this by putting the routine in a file and using a $Include to load the file in the source code in Manager. You will need to talk to Ascential about how to set up the directory for this, as Im no Universe expert (and it is a long time since I did this).

You biggest problem right now is to get your source. If you dont have a copy outside of DataStage, you have a bit of a problem. I was lucky. When this happened to me, I had the source in a text file as well because I dont like the editor in Manager.

I guess one solution would be to export the routine and then import it into a newer version of DataStage where the bug is fixed. You could the get the source via Manager. If you dont have access to newer Manager, you could email it to me and Ill email the source back.

Cheers

David

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, 9 August 2001 2:34 AM
To: DataStage Users
Subject: Runtime Error

Hello, everyone.

I am currently experiencing a runtime error in DataStage Manager that I cant seem to find any solutions for, perhaps someone out there have encountered this problem before...

The version of DataStage is Rel. 3.51. The problem occurs when I am in DataStage Manager, and tried to bring up one of the Custom Before/After subroutines, I would get the error message:

Runtime Error: 6
Overflow

Then it would knock me out of the DataStage Manager completely. The
routine was created about 6 months ago, and has been working without any problems. This error just started happening in the last two days, and it only occurs on this specific subroutine. I can still access the rest of the subroutines and functions without any problems.

I tried exporting the routine and then imported it into a different project, hoping that I can at least get to the source code. Yet I still get the same error when I tried to access the subroutine after the import. Any ideas?

Any helpful suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
- Vince :^)
admin

Post by admin »

David,

Thank you very much for the response.

Yes, you are correct, the routine is fairly large. I wasnt aware of the 32kb limit, thats a good thing to know. I do have access to a newer version of Manager, I will give it a shot...

Thanks again for your help.

Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2001 4:23 PM
To: datastage-users@oliver.com
Subject: RE: Runtime Error

Is the routine very large?

There is a bug in that version of Manager which stops it from loading a routine with source code greater than 32Kb. You can create one this big and save it, but then you cant open it again.

You can get around this by putting the routine in a file and using a $Include to load the file in the source code in Manager. You will need to talk to Ascential about how to set up the directory for this, as Im no Universe expert (and it is a long time since I did this).

You biggest problem right now is to get your source. If you dont have a copy outside of DataStage, you have a bit of a problem. I was lucky. When this happened to me, I had the source in a text file as well because I dont like the editor in Manager.

I guess one solution would be to export the routine and then import it into a newer version of DataStage where the bug is fixed. You could the get the source via Manager. If you dont have access to newer Manager, you could email it to me and Ill email the source back.

Cheers

David

Sent: Thursday, 9 August 2001 2:34 AM
To: DataStage Users
Subject: Runtime Error

Hello, everyone.

I am currently experiencing a runtime error in DataStage Manager that I cant seem to find any solutions for, perhaps someone out there have encountered this problem before...

The version of DataStage is Rel. 3.51. The problem occurs when I am in DataStage Manager, and tried to bring up one of the Custom Before/After subroutines, I would get the error message:

Runtime Error: 6
Overflow

Then it would knock me out of the DataStage Manager completely. The
routine was created about 6 months ago, and has been working without any problems. This error just started happening in the last two days, and it only occurs on this specific subroutine. I can still access the rest of the subroutines and functions without any problems.

I tried exporting the routine and then imported it into a different project, hoping that I can at least get to the source code. Yet I still get the same error when I tried to access the subroutine after the import. Any ideas?

Any helpful suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
admin

Runtime Error

Post by admin »

Dear all,

Im getting the following message in director during execution of a job. The job aborts thereafter.

Runtime Error -2147417848 (80010108)
Automation Error
The object invoked has disconnected from its clients.

Why am i getting this?

Regds,
Vivek