Access Universe files from DataStage

Archive of postings to DataStageUsers@Oliver.com. This forum intended only as a reference and cannot be posted to.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

admin

Access Universe files from DataStage

Post by admin »

Hi All,

I am fairly new to datastage

Actually we have Universe on Solaris and we have installed DataStage on Win2000.

This is my requirement - I want to access Universe files on the Solaris machine through DataStage

I can access Universe files and Universe tables on the local machine ( Local Universe ) using UV stage in Datastage

For accessing Universe files on Solaris, I make a DSN ( I use ODBC to connect to Universe on Solaris on a diff machine) here I dont get a listing of Universe files in Datastage, I only get a listing of UV tables !

Thanks a lot in advance!!

Post by admin »

You need to set up an entry in your uvodbc.config file (in the DataStage project directory) for the database. Examine the entry for localuv as a prototype. You need to specify the hostname, the name of the server (which is always uvserver), the network (which must be TCP/IP) and the DBMSTYPE (which must be UNIVERSE). In this way DataStage communicates to UniVerse using a native interface (BCI/UCI), which uses ODBC protocols but does not use an ODBC driver.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, 03 May 2001 13:58
To: informix-datastage@oliver.com
Subject: Access Universe files from DataStage

Hi All,

I am fairly new to datastage

Actually we have Universe on Solaris and we have installed DataStage on Win2000.

This is my requirement - I want to access Universe files on the Solaris machine through DataStage

I can access Universe files and Universe tables on the local machine ( Local Universe ) using UV stage in Datastage

For accessing Universe files on Solaris, I make a DSN ( I use ODBC to connect to Universe on Solaris on a diff machine) here I dont get a listing of Universe files in Datastage, I only get a listing of UV tables !

Thanks a lot in advance!!