Visual Looping (1)

Archive of postings to DataStageUsers@Oliver.com. This forum intended only as a reference and cannot be posted to.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

admin

Visual Looping (1)

Post by admin »

This is a topic for an orphaned message.
admin

Post by admin »

The Help topic (in dsdesign.hlp for 4.0) is "Defining Multirow Lookup for Reference Inputs"

Here is the main part of the text:

Where a reference link originates from a UniVerse or ODBC stage, you can look up multiple rows from the reference table. The rows are selected by a foreign key rather than a primary key, as is the case for normal reference links. In order to use the multirow functionality, you must define which column or columns are the foreign keys in the column meta data. Do this by changing the Key attribute for the current primary key column to No and then change the Key attribute for the required foreign key column, or columns, to Yes. The foreign key expressions can then be defined through the Expression Editor, as with normal primary key expressions.

You also need to specify that the reference link uses the multirow functionality. Do this by opening the Link Properties dialog box from the link header shortcut menu, and selecting the reference link with multi row result set check box.

Ardent DataStage Release 4.0 Developers Help

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, 30 April 2001 16:36
To: informix-datastage@oliver.com
Subject: RE: Visual Looping

First I should point out that Ive never done this, but Im looking forward to being able to when we upgrade to DS 4

You need to:
* Be using DataStage 4.x
* Use an ODBC stage for the lookup (I think that maybe a UV stage supports this too, but not sure). Unfortunately, it is my understanding that an ORAOCI8 stage does not support this.
* On the transform form, right click on the header of the lookup link - I dont recall the exact options (been I while since I read the manual) but it is in here somewhere.

Have fun

David Barham

-----Original Message-----
From: Ormsby, Stephen [mailto:Stephen.Ormsby@team.telstra.com]
Sent: Monday, 30 April 2001 3:42 PM
To: informix-datastage@oliver.com
Subject: Visual Looping

I would like to how to visually build a loop. I have summarised data of one record, which I want to use with a large data table to create percentage values.

Currently I am using a Transform with the summarised data as the stream and the data table as the reference and I am only getting one record returned (it does the calculation though!).

How do I get DataStage to use the total record for every record it finds in the data table, without reverting to coding it?

Stephen O