Ascential QualityManager

Archive of postings to DataStageUsers@Oliver.com. This forum intended only as a reference and cannot be posted to.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

admin

Ascential QualityManager

Post by admin »

Hello

Is there any of you using Ascential Quality Manager please? Ive got couple questions about the product but Ascential support ignores all my e-mails related to it. The release im using is 4.8.1R1. The problems i met:

1) Im trying to define L0 Domain Analysis for tables on Oracle 8i (release 8.1.6). When analyzing columns with data class INDICATOR, everything is ok, columns are marked with * and can be seen in L0 Domain Report. When trying to analyze columns with data class DATE or QUANTITY (=range), the analyzing stops on this column immediately with no error message, even if there are another columns left for analysis. The column (and the columns behind this one) is not marked with * and cant be seen in L0 Domain Report. Any idea about whats wrong?

2) When trying to analyze columns with data class CODE, i get an error message (Error inserting Domain table rows: S1000: ... : Invalid user.table.column, table.column, or column specification), but everything looks ok anyway (ie. i can review the analyze) - this message appears when QualityManager tries to insert the report row for NULL value. The row for NULL value isnt included in the report, all the others look ok. Is it not possible to use CODE data class for columns that contain NULLs or is it just a problem with QualityManager/Oracle cooperation?

3) When trying to import a text file to QualityManager internal database, i click on Import Script / New and as a type i choose Other Delimited Text. QualityManager then crashes immediately with "Run-Time 424: Object required" error message. Is that a known bug or is there just something wrong with my installation?

Looking forward for the answer

Regards

Jakub Holubec

Technical Consultant

Urbana technologies
Belehradska 79/10
120 00 Prague 2
Czech Republic

Tel.: +420-2-2199 4500
GSM: +420-603-249 438
http://www.urbanatech.cz
http://www.businessobjects.com