using STP stage with Sybase

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jagadhish
Participant

using STP stage with Sybase

Post by jagadhish »

Hi,

I'm using DAtastage 7.5.1.A, from documentation i can see that STP stage supports Sybase. I'm using STP stage to call a Sybase stored procedure, but while excecuting the job I'm getting the following error message,

Stored_Procedure_0: ct_connect

ServerNotFound

Could anyone tell me reason for this and also what should be given for "Data source name" and "Database name" in the General tab in STP stage properties.

Any help orsuggetions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jags
REGARDS,
JAGS
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I'm sure the documentation would discuss how to set this stage up for each db vendor. Have you connected to Sybase via DataStage before this? Do you have the Sybase OC installed on your DataStage server?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
narayana_382
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by narayana_382 »

Hi Craig,

I am able to connect to Sybase from the Sybase OCI stage and execute the Stored Procedure but when I use the STP stage and call the Sybase Stored Procedure job gets aborted with the above reason mentioned by Jagdish.

Your assistance in this regard is highly appreciated.

Thnks,
Nari
Ultramundane
Participant

Post by Ultramundane »

I am able to use STP with Sybase. However, I have an open case with Ascential for over 1 year now because dscapiop does not function properly with the STP stage and causes tremendously slow performance when dealing with any significant amount of data. The current workaround is to use the Sybase OC stage. This same issue exists for all DBMS's that can be accessed via the STP stage.