MetaStage_Loc_Info table error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

abby
Participant

MetaStage_Loc_Info table error

Post by abby »

Hi Everyone,
I am wondering where the table 'MetaStage_Loc_Info' resides.There's no such table existing on the database.

I had a look on earlier discussions for the same where Ray Wurlod suggests that "The job is running in MetaStage proxy mode, and DataStage is attempting to determine information from MetaStage about the job in question."

Also, as mentioned in DataStage Administrator Guide, if Process MetaBroker has been installed then it can get us the metadata for the DataStage jobs."

In first place,how do I come to know if this proxy mode is on. If it is, how can I disable the MetaStage proxy mode. Could you please tell me if there is any impact on DataStage jobs if I disable this proxy mode.

Thanks in advance to all.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

MetaStage_Loc_Info is not a table. It's a collection of data that is a property of a design-time object, most particularly a table definition.

Project-wide MetaStage proxy mode can be enabled/disabled in Administrator or by editing the DSParams file. This setting can be overridden by checking the "Run in MetaStage proxy mode" check box in the job design, which is therefore a property of the job.

There is no impact on DataStage jobs per se if MetaStage proxy mode is disabled, but automatic collection of process metadata (row counts, etc.) will not occur.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

Hi,
Go to DataStage Administrator client; click the Properties of the Project. If you see the box of Generate Operational Metadata is checked, then the DataStage is running in proxy mode for this project. On the other hand, if DataStage is not running in proxy mode, this box is not even visible.

If you decide to disable the proxy mode, your DataStage jobs will not be affected at all. It's your MetaStage's repository will no longer collect your operational metadata information.

Hopefully, this answers your questions.
abby
Participant

Post by abby »

Thanks very much Ray and lstsaur to provide me the necessary information.
mekrreddy
Participant

Post by mekrreddy »

Abby,

Can you please elaborate how you resolved this?
gpbarsky
Participant

Post by gpbarsky »

Hola, mis amigos.....

I couldn't find the check for Operational metadata. I am in DS 752, and I have the "Error in assignment" error.

Could anybody help me on what can I do ?

Thanks.
:wink:
Guillermo P. Barsky
Buenos Aires - Argentina