DS Admin related query

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Ritesh Vikram
Participant

DS Admin related query

Post by Ritesh Vikram »

Hi
I had recently started working with DataStage tool. When we do audit check on our DS jobs we use the table DS_AUDIT. I wanted to know what all are other tables being used and what are their respective functionality required for the administration purpose?
Ritesh[/code]
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard. :D

Very few of the other tables are used for administrative purposes; the main ones being UV.ACCOUNT and UV_* (which count as system tables) and SYS.MESSAGE. Directories with names beginning and ending in "&" are also similar to system tables.

Tables whose names begin with DS_ are related to design-time components, while tables whose names begin with RT_ are related to run_time information. VOC contains the vocabulary used in interactive DataStage commands, while VOCLIB is like an "overflow".

Any table whose name begins with D_ is a file dictionary (containing metadata) for a hashed file.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ogmios
Participant

Post by ogmios »

You can use the following to see changes after a certain date:

Code: Select all

SELECT * FROM DS_AUDIT WHERE DTM > '2006-03-05 12:00:00';
I also have some queries to unnest the data in DS_AUDIT, but have to search for them a bit.

Ogmios
Last edited by ogmios on Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
In theory there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.
ogmios
Participant

Post by ogmios »

A version that returns less clutter is:

Code: Select all

SELECT INSTANCE, MODIFIER, DTM, REASON 
FROM   UNNEST DS_AUDIT ON MODS A
WHERE  CLASS = '2' AND
       DTM > '2006-04-10 00:00:00'
AND    DTM = (SELECT MAX(DTM) 
              FROM UNNEST DS_AUDIT ON MODS B
              WHERE CLASS = '2' 
              AND A.INSTANCE = B.INSTANCE)
ORDER BY DTM
Fill in the date after > to whatever value you like as cutoff. The query above can run slow :D

Regards,
Ogmios
In theory there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.