Error Executing Stored Procedure

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

raj_konig
Participant

Error Executing Stored Procedure

Post by raj_konig »

Hi folks,

My Database is IBM DB2. I created a Dynamic stored procedure. I tried running this from the database only and is working fine. When i am trying to run the same procedure importing into the Datastage its throwing the following error. TESTING is the name of the procedure.

"TES..Stored_Procedure_14: [IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/NT] SQL0444N Routine "*TING" (specific name "SQL060411115550670") is implemented with code in library or path "...TING", function "TESTING" which cannot be accessed. Reason code: "4". SQLSTATE=42724 "

I dropped the procedure and recreated with a different name and tried but it is not working.

Please help me out.

Thanks in advance
raj
richdhan
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by richdhan »

Hi Raj,

Did a web search and this is what I found.

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/f ... 298&cat=19

HTH
--Rich
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

does your stored procedure have any IN parameters. What about OUT parameters?
How exactly are you calling your St. Proc. and from where?
Or this error is only happening during Import?
If thats the case, just import it and try calling it in the after sql tab of the UDB stage.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
raj_konig
Participant

Post by raj_konig »

Hello DS Guru,

I do have IN Parameters but no OUT params. Its throwing the error while importing the procedure itself.

I feel I need to change my Databse Configurations. The following is what i found on the web. But need to give that a try. Or you guys hav any other suggestions please let me know.

"This error generally indicates a problem with the stored procedures. Check the createsp.log located in the <wc_install_dir>\instances\<instance_name>\logs folder. If you see errors, then the stored procedures where not created successfully during instance creation. To manually create the store procedures, ensure that the Commerce and Payment application servers are stopped, and DB2 is started. Open a DB2 command window and change to the <wc_install_dir>\bin directory. Then type the following:
createsp.db2.bat <db_name> <user_name> <user_password> <schema_owner>"

Thanks,
rajesh
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

i had a problem similar to yours, but that was during the call of the proc, not during the import. Regardless of the msg you got during the import, you should be able to import it. Then try calling it in an odbc stage as a target with the input param or if you have 7.5.1A, then call it using the STP stage.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
raj_konig
Participant

Post by raj_konig »

Hi DS Guru,

I also tried using ODBC Stage. In this case i am able to import the procedure but during the runtime i am getting a warning. This warning contains the same previous error message.

I dont find any STP stage. U mean this by stored procedure stage or what?

Previosuly I used Stored Procedure stage to run the procedures. It was fine and running with out any discrepancies. I am getting this error recently. Even i drop the procedure and recreate this with a different name the error was invincible. :?

May I know wht have u done to overcome this error in your case.

Thanks,
raj