Compilation Error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dsnovice
Participant

Compilation Error

Post by dsnovice »

Compiling: Source = 'RT_BP1531/JOB.1647055971.DT.1397645304.TRANS1', Object = 'RT_BP1531.O/JOB.1647055971.DT.1397645304.TRANS1'
****************************************************************************************************************************************************

Compilation Complete.
(BRITPartyMFFileSjob.XFORM_BRAN)

This is the compilation Error. I found a few posts suggesting that the length of the Stage variable is long or the complex routine needs to be broken down.

But, In my job I am not using any kind of concatenation, the job is a straight dump from a sequential file to a 4 different tables. where each column at best is only trimed or there are some constant values like "String". Plus one date conversion and A look up. For some fields I am defaulting @NULL. Any suggestions or help would be great and really appreciated.

Thank you,

a novice
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I don't see any error message - what do you get when you hit the "more" button on the compilation?
dsnovice
Participant

Post by dsnovice »

Actually It never let me compile it. How ever when I logged out of the Designer and Logged back in and tried compilinng it. I was able to compile it. I dont get that error.

I belive this error might have got triggered when I initialy tried doing
Trim(Change(Iconv("string","MCP"),"."," ")) but later I removed this routine and saved it a couple of times but the compilation error kept coming with the above message.

Thank you ArndW for replying.

a novice
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

"Compilation complete" indicates successful compilation.
You have neither errors nor warnings in what you posted.

Put the expression back in, try compiling, and post the output from the compilation.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
dsnovice
Participant

Post by dsnovice »

Ray,

I tried to replicate the error - I was unsuccessful. I guess its one of those blue moon errors. I will definetly put full details of the error if it occours again.

Thank you,

novice
PhilHibbs
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PhilHibbs »

I just got this exact same problem, it said "error compiling generated subroutine" but when I click more I just got "compilation complete". Closing and re-starting Desginer fixed the problem thanks to finding this thread with Search!
Phil Hibbs | Capgemini
Technical Consultant
dsisbank
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dsisbank »

PhilHibbs wrote:I just got this exact same problem, it said "error compiling generated subroutine" but when I click more I just got "compilation complete". Closing and re-starting Desginer fixed the problem thanks to finding this thread with Search!
I got same error and restarted the designer. It is ok.

Thank you :)