Is there a command line tool for xml export?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Cowmix
Charter Member
Charter Member

Is there a command line tool for xml export?

Post by Cowmix »

Split from This post by moderator
I just started as an SCM in a new job where almost everything is based on DataStage... and to top it off, I've never used DataStage either.. :?

Here is my question, is there a command line tool that will export a DSX file to XML? I'm thinking that I might write a check-in script that will will automagically convert all DSX files to XML before the commit..

ArndW wrote:My last place used CVS to store the exported DSX files and a suite of scripts and procedures to support the check-in and check-out of datastage components. This was beefed up to include the scripts and DDLs and some queries as well as control files.
The system was functional, but very unwieldy. It took quite a few months before it was stable to allow easy checkouts, modifications and checkin/promotions - but in the end it did provide control of the development and maintenance process.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

There is no .dsx to .xml format conversion tool. You could create an empty project and import a .dsx and then export an .xml format to effect the conversion. BTW, the thread doesn't belong in the FAQ forum.
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

I'm open to sugestions where to put this post Arnd...
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I think either Server / Parallel would be more appropriate than here; I just don't think converting .dsx to .xml is a frequently asked question
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Obviously I agree Arnd :)
As you can see from this post due to lack of an apropriate forum most get moved to the server forum out of default.
Moving post...
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org