Export Log

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Export Log

Post by DSguru2B »

Is there any way to export all the information from the Director to a CSV or some flat file.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Use a shell script that uses the dsjob command, it first gets the list of jobs in a project and then loops through all elements in that list to put the log contents into a sequential file.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

I dont want an automated way to do this as it will not be a part of the Job Process. I am looking for a one time manual process instead.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

The basic method remains the same, the command line to list a job's log requires a project and a job name. I would do a dsjob -ljobs for a project into a text file, then edit that file to execute the dsjob -log for each of the jobs found.
mauherga
Participant

Post by mauherga »

Hi DSguru2B,

Use the Print option in DS Director and select the "Print to File option" and save the information in a text file. Then use like you want.

I hope this can help you
maurik