Unable to open file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

murali
Participant

Unable to open file

Post by murali »

Hi iam trying to create a file sdadata.data in my job and when i try to append in the next sequentail file stage iam getting this error.

odbc------>transformer----->file1,file2 ,file3

from the transformer there are 3 files as shown above.
the file is being created,but when say append to existing file it giving the error

J_TEST_IN..DATAFILE1.PP_TREE_CATEGORY2: DSD.SEQOpen Unable to create file E:\TEMP\DATAFILE.DATA.
Can any one help me [/code]
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

Hi Murali,

When you access the file in the 'next ' stage, Is your first seq. file stage finished with its processing.

Make sure that the file sdadata.data is not being accessed while it is being accessed in the 'next' stage.

Sequential files do not allow multiple access at a time.

Thanks,
Naveen.
Anything that won't sell, I don't want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.
Author: Thomas A. Edison 1847-1931, American Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of GE
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Does the folder E:\TEMP exist? Do you (the DataStage executing user) have permission to write into it?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

:D Good Point by Ray. I forgot about that. :(
Anything that won't sell, I don't want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.
Author: Thomas A. Edison 1847-1931, American Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of GE
murali
Participant

Post by murali »

Hi ray and naveen

Does the folder E:\TEMP exist? Do you (the DataStage executing user) have permission to write into it?
I have the permission to write into the file and the folder exists.

Is there any way i can write a constraint so that after finising the first stage file 1 (the process of first writing into the sequential file1) and then i can start the second stage process.
thankyou
murali
snassimr
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by snassimr »

Is there any way i can write a constraint so that after finising the first stage file 1 (the process of first writing into the sequential file1) and then i can start the second stage process.
thankyou
I dont think so . Try three transformers in one job.

In your case may be the problem in free disc space or seq file path (I have confused with path several times)