Controller problem: Error calling DSRunJob,code=-14

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ysrini9
Participant

Controller problem: Error calling DSRunJob,code=-14

Post by ysrini9 »

Dear all,

we are getting this type of error and jobs gets aborted due to this

could u please let me know any solution for this

SeqJob..JobControl (@Jobname): Controller problem: Error calling DSRunJob(SeqJob), code=-14

[Timed out whileSeqJob..JobControl (fatal error from @LACIR): Sequence job will abort due to previous unrecoverable errors waiting for an event]

Attempting to Cleanup after ABORT raised in stage SeqJob..JobControl

Regards
srini
vcannadevula
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Controller problem: Error calling DSRunJob,code=-14

Post by vcannadevula »

You got to tune your uvconfig file in the DSEngine to get rid off the error.

You have to bumpup the values of the MFILES ,T30FILE,RLTABSZ ,GLTABSZ ,MAXRLOCK.

What values it should be set , depends on your environment.

Please use the search facility of the form. This has been covered quite often
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Changing these parameters will only affect code -14 errors in extremely specific circumstances. Please desist from suggesting that it's a cure-all.

Code -14 is most usually caused by the machine being overloaded, so that there are insufficient resources remaining to allow the job to start within 60 seconds.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mauherga
Participant

Post by mauherga »

Hi all,

I find using search facility that this error code is becouse the system resources is to low to run another jobs.

Can some one tell me please if this limit can be passed by with tuning of some parameters (on DataStage like uvconfig, dsenv; or Operating System like kernel) or is it really necesary to increase the hardware?

Thanks in advance.
maurik
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

It doesn't matter how big your server is if you exceed the ability of the server to handle its tasks. For example, if a 4 cpu machine can't handle 16 simultaneous DS jobs, it reasons that a 8 cpu machine can't handle 32 simultaneous DS jobs. You need to look at the demand placed on the server and adjust your process control such that you don't exceed the hardware for sustained periods of time. The internal APIs have hard limits on some things, this is one of them.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
DeepakCorning
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DeepakCorning »

kcbland wrote:...For example, if a 4 cpu machine can't handle 16 simultaneous DS jobs, it reasons that a 8 cpu machine can't handle 32 simultaneous DS jobs. ...
Guys I am facing the same issue so was searching in Forum for this. KCBland can you please explan what do you mean by saying DSJOBS here??
Also some suggestions how to solve this??
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Give us some details of your sequence, like how many jobs are being called in parallel, how many stages do those jobs have that are called in parallel?
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

DeepakCorning wrote:KCBland can you please explan what do you mean by saying DSJOBS here??
He didn't say 'DSJOBS' he said 'DS jobs' as in 'DataStage jobs'. Run fewer jobs at the same time or try to start fewer jobs simultaneously. Server load can also be an issue if it's busy enough (doing anything, not just DataStage 'stuff') to keep jobs from being started in a timely manner.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
DeepakCorning
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DeepakCorning »

Thats quite strange then. my Sequencer runs single job at a time but may be something other than the jobs was consuming the reqources. Unfortunately we did not log in the activites in the server and there is no way we can find it. I will see if it reapperas some time in future or not.
Thanks guys.