XML message

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

shilpa79
Participant

XML message

Post by shilpa79 »

Hi,

I have some store level information in which i am tracing the store number,units e.t.c,and we have 7 stores information currently so I am
trying to group by store level.when we r passing all the messages to XML output and from there to a queue the limit is 2mb and for each sore level we r giving a check point .the messages after >2mb should start and put in another queue.it should happen in each store.so all these things are possible in serevr or we can do it or not ..............

Plz advise :(

Rekha
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Are all what things possible in Server? Create XML? Sure. Use a field as a repeating group? Sure. Aggregate values? Sure. Limit output file size to 2MB? No, not exactly.

The XML Output stage can be triggered to switch to a new file when the value in a certain field changes. It's on the Stage / Transformation Settings tab under Output mode: Use trigger column option. It can be one of the data fields in the output file and every time it changes the stage switches to a new file. Or it can be a field outside of the XML that strictly exists just to control that.

This would typically be controlled by a number of records. You can't track file size and switch at 2MB but you can compute the average record size and switch after the number of records that constitute ~2MB of output data have been processed. It won't be exact and aggregating output can effect this as well, but it can be made to work for you.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
shilpa79
Participant

First time I am working with XML

Post by shilpa79 »

Can you plz let me how to pass messages from DB2 to XML and then to MQ.